SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shari_dupuis

Soapstone bathroom reveal

Huntingflower
7 years ago

I have posted on here a few times but am a regular lurker and wanted to share my DIY bathroom makeover.

I want to thank enduring for the sink inspiration! My bathroom is small and the vanity was way to large and I needed to find something that had about a 15" in depth. Not something I was able to find. Your sink/vanity was an inspiration!

This project took about three months to complete. After work and weekends. By the end I will admit I was just sick of it and swore off any more projects for a while (but I do this with every project it seems lol).

Things we did: Ripped most walls to the studs. Removed the back wall of the bathtub area to take over a 12" space that wasn't being used. Reinforced the floors, Changed plumbing to 2" and centered, ran new water lines for the two shower heads. Waterproofing everything. Added new potlights and changed side sconces to a single light over a builtin medicine cabinets. Then all the tiles etc.

I had originally tried to put the 12x24" tile on the ceiling of the shower but with the sagging and the struggle I saw reason and scraped the two off that I had put up and went to homedepot (covered in mess) and found a nice white mosaic and threw that up there instead. MUCH easier and it still looks great.

I love how everything turned out. It's not perfect but for doing it ourselves I am quite proud. We've been using it for about a month now with 4 showers a day and it is so amazing to have a large shower and not have to clean a jacuzzi tub anymore.

soapstone: Quarry located in Quebec (used for floors, shower base and niche, sink, backsplash, counters and wall behind toilet.

Vanity: custom 14.5" depth x 30" wide in walnut w/ push to open drawers so it doesn't take up more isle space

shower tile: marble look a like porcelain from home depot.

Walnut to frame in window and to do shelves throughout the room.

toilet: kohler cimarron (love this toilet!)

Grab bar, toilet paper holder and hand towel bar are moen align series

Fan: Panasonic whisper series

Brick: ironworks thin brick by general shale (I used the same brick as my kitchen backsplash two years ago)

Grout was an epoxy grout that I had to order from the USA as I couldn't find it here. Easy to work with and looks amazing!

I can't remember the other details but my husband loves his rain shower and my hand held (which is an american standard) is wonderful. Glass enclosure was done by a local company as there was no way I was DIY'ing that!

All that is left to do is decorating!

Before pic when I just started dismantling and realized I didn't have a picture:

After:

Comments (14)