SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_17591957

Reveal for unglazed bathroom sink flange

Jojo
2 years ago

Hello amazing people of Houzz,

Can you recommend me some undermount bathroom sinks with ”finished” flanges (i.e., have flanges that are also glazed, or flanges made from the same material/process as the rest of the sink, such as Blanco Silgranite sinks)?

I‘d prefer a small (1/8”) positive reveal in my vanities, but all of the undermount bathroom sinks I’ve ordered have unglazed flanges.

I thought a flush mount would be a good compromise, but ……. My fabricator (who uses laser templating and a CNC) showed me how the different brands of glazed ceramic sinks I currently have at my home actually vary in length/width by as much as 1/8” as one moves a ruler across the opening. Fabricator said these undulations will make a flush mount look bad, and Im inclined to think hes right.

Reading other houzz threads has me thinking that a finished flange is the answer, because a good caulk job will disguise minor undulations in the sink squareness itself.

However, I cant “reveal” an ugly, unfinished sink rim. I have 3 vanities I need to do, so dont want to spend a fortune, but I am willing to invest to do this right. Looking on websites, half the time, I can’t tell if the flange is finished from the product photos. I recognize a dual mount could be an option, but are there any with zero faucet holes..?

Surprisingly, for all the love positive reveals get on Houzz, I could not find any previous discussion of this. Makes me wonder if I’m missing something. Thanks so much everyone!

Comments (3)