SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gloria_baker9002681

Recommendations for Roses suited to NW Florida (near Pensacola)

Gloria Baker
7 years ago

Hi there! Novice gardener but I'd love to find a climber that would work for me. I can take plenty of care as I love being outside. I am considering Zephirine Drouhin, New Dawn, Jude the Obscure and Eden. I'm reading that Eden might prefer dry heat, hoping that's not the case and that I can make it work. No irrigation, I use a soaker hose that's hooked up to our city water and just water the roots. Looking at Zeph, Jude and Eden for my side yard that gets great morning sun and then in shaded later in the day, and New Dawn in my front courtyard that gets sun all day and has excellent air flow since I don't have anything planted there. Please tell me someone has had luck with these varieties in Florida.

Also, another side note would be I'd like to see them perform rather quickly, if that's not too much to ask. We will be moving in about two years. I am looking at the 1 gallon size from Heirloom Roses as I've read that they are great quality and thrive as they're own root roses. Planning to amend the soil as it's mostly sand here and also plant with banana peels and coffee grounds.

Thank you in advance!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting