SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jevon_staffieri

Kitchen Design Assistance and Ideas!

Jevon Staffieri
7 years ago

Hello All -

I had originally posted this in the Design Dilemma forum but was informed this may be a better destination! Please check out this link first to see the responses that have already been given:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/looking-for-assistance-with-my-kitchen-remodel-design-dsvw-vd~4416469

I have been reading the discussions for the past few weeks as I have been working with a KD trying to figure out the best layout for my kitchen. We just purchased our house about 6 months ago and we are finally ready to get this project moving. I will be doing all of the work other than building the cabinets and designing it. Simply put, I am not very good at designing a kitchen and my wife has very particular 'wants' that I can't seem to work into any design I've seen so far. I have attached a picture of the closest thing we have come to liking a design. The major wants (wife: needs) are a large island that incorporates at least 4 stools and a double wall oven as we host most family functions. We have a formal dining room set up but the island will be the primary location for dinners, breakfast, etc.

There really is no room to take down walls. The wall behind the range in the drawing is the formal dining room and the 67" wall on the left the drawing is a half wall with a step down to the sunken family room.

One idea that we have been playing with is taking out the 75" slider and putting in a single door that goes out to the screen in porch. That could give some extra space to move the double wall oven over to that wall or the fridge so it's on the same side as the sink.

Please let me know if there are any ideas you may have. Again, the major issue I am seeing is a 27" deep island that is 109" long. In my mind that is going to look very odd being that long and that skinny.

Thank you in advance and let me know if you have any questions!

Comments (23)