SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawnee_penner

Rubber Tree Leaves Falling

Shawnee Penner
7 years ago

Hi!

I just inherited a Rubber tree from a friend who said she couldn't give it enough light and the leaves were falling off. My house is quite dark, but I put it by the only window we have that gives a lot of light (indirect). Far enough away though that he doesn't get a draft.

I have attached a picture, but it was taken at night, so it doesn't reflect the amount of light he gets. The window is to the left and is a full length deck window facing to the south.

Still the leaves are falling off, one each day! You can see one in the bottom of the plant. Yet there is new growth and the leaves look healthy. The leaves are green when they fall and look healthy (besides not being on the tree). They don't brown or anything.

A lot of the leaves on the plant are curled/are curling! I don't know anything about the soil as she got it from someone else too, so the soil type is lost.

The container is big, but has no drainage, so as soon as it's a bit warmer outside (freezing cold currently) we will take it outside and drill some holes into the bottom. I don't want to over water because of root rot. But I don't know what to do! I love the look of rubber plants and really want to keep this guy alive!

Comments (11)