SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Interesting Documentary on SuperFoods

Jasdip
7 years ago

Last nite on our provincial tv station, they ran a British documentary on scientific results of superfood studies.

They compared Kale vs Cabbage, Quinoa vs Pearl Barley and White Rice to name a couple. There was no added health benefits of the Kale and Quinoa, and buy buying cabbage and pearl barley you're saving a lot of money.

We found this very interesting. We love cabbage, brussels sprouts, broccoli, etc. No matter how I prepare kale, hubby doesn't like it and won't eat it. I have been buying baby kale, to put in our smoothies.

We do like quinoa, and as mentioned it's a lot more expensive than pearl barley. I don't like the whole brown barley, but I like the pearl.

They also did a breakfast comparison. Bacon and eggs, Weetabix (a fiber-rich breakfast cereal), smoothies, and yogurt and fresh fruit. The testers ate a breakfast of their choice and did a full-body workout. The one that had bacon and eggs was full longer and the bacon and eggs actually had a bit more nutritional value in it than the others. Of course, accounting for the sodium, it's not recommended to have every day.

The yogurt and fruit came in second. The didn't say how the smoothie and Weetabix fared.

Comments (3)