SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_26461266

Inspiring Photos needed: DW in penisula, banquette w/ off-center light

User
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

Hello all,

Before I post specific layout advice for keeping my kitchen in its current location, I am seeking a few inspirational photos. Most likely I will never have enough room for an island and will keep a peninsula instead. Does anyone have their DW in a peninsula? In addition to posting a picture, do you have any advice, pro/cons to add? I have searched here, and while I have found a few, I was looking for more real-life kitchens in action!

The second set of inspirational pics I am looking for is a window banquette that is not exactly centered within the window and perhaps has a light above. I almost have my DH convinced that a banquette would be a good solution in our small eating nook area. Our current window is boxed out and is rather large, but the table/seating would not be centered within it. So I said we will just move the light, but he doesn't like that idea as it would be centered over the table portion but completely off-center from the window. I could install an organically shaped modern track European-style lighting ceiling fixture or recessed lights instead, but thought perhaps someone might have a photo of their banquette within a window with pendant lighting above that is not on-center to the window but to the table. Whew, that was a mouthful!

All of this is conceptual at this point.

I will be posting advice on a layout sometime soon but don't have it down on paper to scale yet. And want to get some pics of the current kitchen on a non-cloudy day here in the midwest.

Thanks, Mo

Comments (29)