SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto_gw

Mentally undoing Tuscan-inspired decor

melle_sacto is hot and dry in CA Zone 9/
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are looking to move, and I'm finding that I have an automatic negative bias toward homes that have been remodeled with Tuscan-inspired finishes. DH won't want to remodel anything that is "perfectly fine" and he can't understand why I don't like the style--he's starting to think I dislike a home simply because he likes it (which isn't true, more what it seems is that he likes the Tuscan-inspired homes because they seem new and finished to him so he is biased toward those and I'm mildly disappointed by them).

With that in mind, can anyone share tips and tricks to mentally overcome Tuscan decor? In particular, non-Tuscan ideas for working with the brown travertine-esque tiles and yellow/pink/brown granite? I never cared for that style, even when it was popular, but it seems to be in a large percentage of homes in our price range.

I'm really struggling with how to look past Tuscan style...some styles I can look past or see ways to work with it, but this style is just...maybe the ubiquitous combos have caused me to mentally block alternatives???

Comments (52)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012