SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hdespres

Indoor Meyer Lemon tree

hdespres
7 years ago

Hi,

I bought this Meyer lemon tree last summer ( I live in Canada, Quebec), it was about 30 centimetre tall when I bought it and still is.

The tree is in a pot, i would say 30 liters, last summer I kept it outside and would bring it indoors on cool nights. Leafs would fall off if it would get cool. it is now indoors and I have puchased a growing lamp that I leave on during the day at low intensity.

My probleme is that roots dont seem to be growing and trunk neither. It is constently flowering but I beleive it is not strong enough to grow fruits, the largest one I have seen so far was about the size of a cherry tomato and was still green when it feel off. I feel like it is not investing its energy at the right places.

I was told that the potting mix needed to have good drainage, It is in a tropical plant mix that I mixed with something else, cannot remember exactly what it was

My question is, are there any products I can put on the leafs or pot to help it. I was spaying its leafs and putting small amount of algea mix in the pot last summer. I am trying to keep it BIO.

Thanks for your time and help

Comment (1)