SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
al3xcm

Indoor dwarf Meyer lemon tree grow

alexcm [z6a]
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hey all, starting a new thread here to avoid completely hijacking the one I initially posted some questions in. I just got a 2-3 year old Meyer lemon tree that is about 3 feet tall, and I'm looking to grow it fully indoors in my apartment. I understand this may not be ideal but I do have decent sized south-facing windows that get a lot of light, so I'm hopeful I can manage to get at least a handful of lemons.

Picture of the setup is below, this weekend I'll move it upstairs where I have the same windows with all 3 shades always open.

It's honestly looking a bit sad currently, the branches are much more droopy than when I first got it (and it was shipping in a box for an entire week). The blossoms are drying out, one fell off this morning.

I just picked up an IR thermometer, with my thermostat reading 75 the soil temp is 60 and top of the leaves is 66, seems like an OK difference to me but I'm not sure what's ideal.

Haven't repotted yet, it's in a 5 gallon plastic pot for now and I'm looking at moving it to a 5 or 7 gallon fabric pot when my new soil is delivered on Saturday.

Looking for tips or anything else that would be useful to measure, I want this tree to be the best it can be (without needing an insane amount of maintenance) and I'm not afraid to get scientific with it.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far and to anyone else who takes the time to read and respond!

Comment