SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mstywoods

pondgardener - or anyone else who likes large goldfish

mstywoods
7 years ago

pondgardener - I was going to PM you, but you don't have messaging enabled. I was wondering if you would like my two large goldfish for one of your ponds?

I've decided I don't want to keep them in my 20 gallon container pond next spring/summer, and DH isn't interested in keeping them in his aquarium because they have gotten so large. When I got them from Petco last spring, they were standard gold fish size, although I did pick the largest of their lot. They grew quite a bit in the container pond as they were the only two fish in it. But they have continued to grow since I put them in the aquarium for the winter - I estimate they are around 4in long now!

So I'm looking to give them away to someone who'll give them a good home (not to be used as food for a reptile, etc.!). They are healthy. Not sure where you live, pondgardener, but I'm in Westminster/Broomfield near Rocky
Mtn airport. If you do want them, hopefully you live close enough
for us to work out getting them to you! But if you don't want them, or we don't live close enough to connect, if anyone else would like them, please let me know!

Out
of curiosity, I looked up the difference between Koi and Goldfish. Some
tidbits are: they are related, but actually different species. And Koi
get much much bigger, live longer, have a more elongated body, and grow
whiskers. Guess they can breed, but the offspring will be sterile.
Interesting!

Here are some pics - I also found info that these are apparently Sarassa goldfish, because of their red and white patterns.

This pic kind of shows you their size in relation to some of the other fish (guppies, tetras, and black skirts) and decorations in DH aquarium.

Thanks,

Marj

Comments (2)