SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Wondering if anyone else who works encounters this problem

Kathsgrdn
11 years ago

I guess you'd have to work in a big office or hospital for it to even occur; I work in a hospital and it seems like everytime we have a potluck we get people from other floors who invite themselves to it. They never contribute but they have no problems with walking in and helping themselves. Usually it's not a big deal and we have plenty of leftovers but sometimes we don't and if we're really busy on the unit some of our nurses (who brought this food and who it's intended for) never get any or some of it. It really annoys me.

Yesterday we had a baby shower for one of our nurses and here come all the stragglers that usually show up for our potlucks. They have no shame. One of them worked on our unit the day before and that's how she found out about it. So, why didn't she bring a dish if she intended to come for it? Another person told me I was supposed to make a plate for someone else on another unit. I told her she could make it but I wasn't going to. I was told I was being mean. I saw this person on our unit about 15 to 20 minutes before that so why didn't she just help herself like she always does?

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem and what they do about it? I almost put a sign up on the door saying for "our unit only" but thought that would be just rude. LOL. When the manager and assistant manager or some of us bring in donuts or other treats, somehow the whole hospital hears about that too. Our manager tried to put a stop to that. Because some of the nurses weren't getting any. Didn't help because people still come in and take what they want. I would be embarrassed to go to another floor uninvited and help myself to their food. What about you?

Comments (28)