SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reets22

Re: I've Noticed

seniorgal
7 years ago

Probably all of us have had the feeling that, at times, we weren't paid much attention. On the other hand I have had very friendly comments on some of my posts.

I probably never really introduced myself.

I started on the Caregiver's forum when I was caring for my husband who had a stroke shortly after we celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary in 1997. (Can it be that long ago???) When he died in 2004, I began making plans to move from Ohio to my original state of Minnesota where two of my daughters live. Moved into an Independent Senior Living apartment in 2006.

When I moved I began having visits from the man I had dated before WW2. He had lost his wife several years before. At his request his daughter found me on the internet and ran interference for him before he called me. He eventually convinced me to marry him. He was 89 and I was 85 when we were married in January, 2008. We had 6 happy years together, He died in March 2014.

I am now 94 years old. Though I am often told that I don't look my age my body knows it. I'm now using a cane and sometimes a walker.

I like to write and I regret to say that I have not put anything on my web page just recently.

I check Kitchen Table daily and feel that I know many of you. Life here is somewhat lonely -- most of my friends have either died or moved to other places. The newer residents are quite a bit younger and their life memories are different.

So, that's me, an old lady who is still interested in what you have to say.

Comments (42)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor