SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

I've noticed

mamapinky0
7 years ago

That most of what I say in the KT is ignored. There have been a couple people that acknowledged that I spoke, thank you. Is this a closed forum? Newcomers not welcome? Should I first have started a post introducing myself? Can someone tell me why I am being so obviously ignored?

I'm not trying to start any argument, I'm just truely curious as to why I'm ignored. I am a nice person with some intellegance, I'm clean, honest, I try to be helpful. I just don't understand what's up. I'm not asking for a pity party I'm just asking why I'm so obviously ignored.

Comments (47)

• OklaMoni
    7 years ago

I don't think, you are being "ignored", but you just haven't gotten a reply... prolly, cause no one had a good reply?

Me, I have been here since 1999. I met a lot of KT members personally, but also, a lot of the ones I met no longer post here.

The last member I met, is Amazing Aunt Audrey.

So, why don't you tell a little, or a lot, your choice, about yourself. I wonder what you know about me? I am a mother of two daughters. I have 3 grand daughters, but only two are bio. I am divorced. I love to ride a bike, garden, cook, eat and knit.

My name is Moni... and I live in Oklahoma

mamapinky0 thanked OklaMoni
  • susie53_gw
    7 years ago

So sorry you are feeling this way. We are a mixed bag here. For the most part everyone is really kind and thoughtful. Some feathers do get ruffled from time to time. Some leave for awhile and come back, others don't. It is different strokes for different folks here. Many of us are older and have health issues going on. I am one of them and don't have the time to check in each day. Please don't give up on us. Tell us about yourself. I'm sure all would be interested..

mamapinky0 thanked susie53_gw
  • Related Discussions

i've noticed that as fall comes horses and goats are cheaper

Q

Comments (5)
    Our fall weather in California drives the out of state cattle prices all over the west. Their grazing season is the summer months and ours is the winter. We buy weaned calves as their grass goes bad to turn out on our grass that is just starting. I haven't noticed a big swing in horse prices as I swore them off a few years ago, but I would guess that the goat prices are the result of the amount of goats available from so many animals kidding in the spring and being held as long as the feed holds and then being sold all at once when the feed turns. So yes, I think people don't want to feed them through the winter, but I think its more of a supply and demand issue as it relates to the season than a winter feed cost issue. And please please trust me when I say that if someone is willing to sell you a horse cheap, there is a strong chance that it is not worth having.
    ...See More

Cool feature I've just noticed (OT)

Q

Comments (59)
    If you look on the index, where the list of topics is, on the right, just above, and underneath the post a new message area, and right under the GardenWeb has joined Houzz box), you'll see the mode selector. There's a sorting style dropdown menu that let's you choose to sort by latest activity (like on GW), Featured, Popular, and Unanswered. I don't know who or how they determine Featured and Popular, but I bet there's something in there that's making all these old threads pop up! Farther to the right are the three boxes. The leftmost is for the basic index of thread topics, signified by many lines (3 lines). Middle box has two blobs because when you choose that, the entries are thicker. That's the one I was talking about. In the two bars, middle box, "preview" mode, you see the first two lines of the last post on the thread, as well as the last poster's screen name and avatar, and how old the last post is. Plus, the preview of the first picture posted in the OP post. The one solid box, on the far right, gives you the first two lines of the OP post, indented with its picture preview to the left) and the last two replies to it, but with all the threads strung in a row. This is a great way to see if there's anything new in a slow moving forum. It used to show the full threads, I think, but our threads are too long for that. :)
    ...See More

Butterfly bush blooms scorched

Q

Comments (1)
    9 days is just way way too early to be expecting anything but droopy foliage and burned flowers. I'm surprised the foliage isn't burned too. Just keep it watered through the summer and keep it alive for the next 2 months... Then next spring, expect it to do something.
    ...See More

Re: I've Noticed

Q

Comments (42)
    Thalt was great, a good read and I could visualize the entire scenes. We had an electric washer but it had the ringer on it too. My mom told the story that I was a very serious child who liked to sit in my rocking chair and watch her work. While ringing the clothes and me staring at her, she was always agitated and that's not a pun lol. They got stuck and you had to yank on them. I was never one to talk much but on that day I looked at her and said Mommy Belax. She looked back and laughed so hard. Words from a child and she was guilty. She didn't care it I tried to say Relax and failed or that Be Lax was the message, either one applied lol.
    ...See More
  • User
    7 years ago

I looked for posts from you and only found 2 here; both had several comments. I see you are very active on the laundry forum and some of those people are here.

mamapinky0 thanked User
  • morz8 - Washington Coast
    7 years ago

mama, I hadn't noticed you being ignored, I'm sorry you've felt that way. I've 'seen' a little of you at the Laundry forum. You certainly belong at the Kitchen Table as much as anyone with the two families you've raised/are raising and I hope you'll feel more comfortable soon. You are welcome here, always welcome.

mamapinky0 thanked morz8 - Washington Coast
  • lucillle
    7 years ago

Some of my posts don't get replies. But then, some of them do. I don't take it as a reflection of me, I just figure that not everything I think is notable, is so for everyone.

mamapinky0 thanked lucillle
  • mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I Thank You all for your warmth and Welcome.

A little about me...I'm 61 or is it 62 lol..I'll be 62 in March. I have a husband of 37 years and two adult sons, a 20 year old daughter and I'm raising two grands, Timothy 9 years and Chip (Anthony) will be 8 in March, I've had them since Tim was 2&1/2 and Chip since 9 months. Long story for perhaps another day LOL.

I live in Pennsylvania, a few minutes from Latrobe, home to Arnold Palmer, and Rolling Rock beer.

I don't have hobbies unless you consider doing laundry a hobbie, I love laundry, I know crazy. I also love collecting laundry detergent, even crazier.

I rarely watch TV, but someone in the KT talked about Safari Live and I'm addicted.

Moni, I have picked up bits and pieces of your trials and tribulations while lurking here, your a strong woman, hats off to you.

Thank You all for the warm Welcome, much appricated.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    7 years ago

I have seen you participating in several other forums but not very often here at kt. I think it just takes some jumping in and taking part in the community. I certainly haven't noticed anyone being purposefully ignored it's a fairly friendly group. Anyway welcome aboard.

mamapinky0 thanked ravencajun Zone 8b TX
  • fran1523
    7 years ago

You have a full load raising two grand children. Keep posting. Not everybody is interested in and/or has something to say about everything. It just depends on the day. I'm Fran, 74 years old. I live in Massachusetts eight months of the year and spend four months in Florida. I have an 82 year old significant other who is a sweet, lovely man who adores me. Kind of different from my marriage of 35 years. I have two daughters in their late 30's; they are not married so no grand children. They both have busy careers so makes it hard to meet someone nice. My hobbies are quilting, duplicate bridge, and traveling. I tend to be kind of quiet in person so am not the most talkative person around the table. I suspect you are too.

mamapinky0 thanked fran1523
  • Alisande
    7 years ago

Hi, Mamapinky. I'm in PA too, but not near you. PA's a big state! Trust me, no one I know at the KT would intentionally ignore you.

mamapinky0 thanked Alisande
  • blfenton
    7 years ago

Mamapinky - Well I did laugh at your "I'm clean..." comment. That was funny. Hey, I'm just glad if someone pays enough attention to me to read what I say! Keep posting cause the more the merrier.

mamapinky0 thanked blfenton
  • chisue
    7 years ago

Heck, *I* like you! We've 'corresponded' on the Laundry topics. I'm pretty sure we also 'talked' on the KT about the difficulty of affording health insurance. I

'm Sue -- on Maui now to end of March, but home is north of Chicago. DH and I have one DS, a teriffic DIL, a DGS (nearly 12) and a DGD (nearly six -- just lost her first tooth; swallowed it; wrote a successful note to the Tooth Fairy). We are retired, both journalism majors, always lived in Chicago suburbs. We are mid-seventies -- jeez, this 'elderly' business is hard sometimes!

mamapinky0 thanked chisue
  • foggyj2
    7 years ago

I kinda felt that way at first too. People seemed to "talk" around me, like what I may have said, was invisible. Then I got smart, and realized, things I said didn't really require a response! Comments, are just that. Most people here are the nicest you will find on a public forum. Keep coming, keep posting, we'll read them. But if no reaction to your post, happens, don't take it to heart.

One time long ago, ole joyful said, he thought his posts were a sure way to end a thread.! Depends on the topic.

mamapinky0 thanked foggyj2
  • PKponder TX Z7B
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I really feel bad that you felt that way. I post in dribs and drabs, sometimes I'm just not eloquent enough to put together a sentence. Going forward, I'll be more conscious of your posts and make it a point to say something, even if its just a grunt :-)

I'm so glad that we aren't raising our grands. Raising kids is for younger, more energetic folks than me. I'm 59 and my fifth grandchild was born the day after Christmas. I'm still worn out from spending 4 days there helping with the house, the two year old and the nine year old.

I still work full time but get to work from home. I'm kind of an introvert and I don't miss office revelry :-) We have two big dogs that love having mommy here all of the time, they are my 'kids that don't require sitters'.

mamapinky0 thanked PKponder TX Z7B
  • eld6161
    7 years ago

I recognize you and I'm sorry that you feel like you are being ignored. Do you mean when you start a thread? Or, do you feel people aren't reacting to you within a thread?

Sometimes threads have a way of veering off, and sometimes the conversation becomes between two people, all kinds of variables.

I agree with raven. The more you participate, the more people get to know you and you will soon feel part of the KT community.

This is the internet. You really can't take things too personally. We try our best here, I have to say.

mamapinky0 thanked eld6161
  • sleeperblues
    7 years ago

You know, I used to feel like that and your post reminded me of that. I wouldn't take it personally, although I did at the time too. I don't start posts too often, mostly comment. But some of my posts get a lot of responses, some not so much.

mamapinky0 thanked sleeperblues
  • marilyn_c
    7 years ago

I love to do laundry too. There are just two of us, but I never get caught up on the laundry....do at least two loads a day. While I like doing laundry...and take pride on how clean I can get our filthy clothes....because we really get dirty here....I am not crazy about folding them and putting them away. My husband (of almost 51 years) is a commercial shrimper. I rehab wildlife and take care of a lot of cats, dogs, horses, donkeys, hogs, fish and a mule. I love to cook. I don't have a lot in common with most people. Have one daughter, and she and her husband chose not to have children. So I don't have grandchildren, but I have always been out of step with the rest of the world anyway. I was married 15 years before my daughter was born. She got married two years ago....although she lived with her husband for 12 years prior to getting married. I'm just glad they are happy and get along well. I've been on this forum since around 1999, I think. I come and go....sometimes I post and some times I don't do anything but read. Welcome to the forum.

mamapinky0 thanked marilyn_c
  • Texas_Gem
    7 years ago

I am certainly sorry if you have felt ignored.

Aren't you the one who started a conversation about neighbors having a bonfire or fire pit and it affecting your grandsons asthma?

If that wasn't you, I apologise but when I saw your username, that is what I remembered.

The longer you are here, and the more active you are, the more people get to know you.

I'm in my mid 30s, SAHM to 4 kids, 3 in school. I found my way to the table after spending 3 years doing a huge DIY remodel of our house.

Stick around, make sure to chime in and let us get to know you.

mamapinky0 thanked Texas_Gem
  • happy2b…gw
    7 years ago

Hi, I feel like I know you, pinky, even though I haven't responded specifically to your post. I marvel that you and your husband are raising your young grandsons. The story you told about the Christmas ornaments tradition made me smile. I "listen" to the conversation around the table more than I participate and rarely initiate a thread. I am in my sixties (Have not really accepted that yet). I am a retired teacher and I substitute teach 5-10 days month. Married 44 years and raised 3 daughters all married with children. I have seven grandkids- 3 girls ad 4 boys ages 15 to 4. My family knows the ladies and gents here as my forum friends.

mamapinky0 thanked happy2b…gw
  • nanny98
    7 years ago

I, too, have been around forever; '98 for sure. And, I often feel like I end threads. But, I read many times a day usually and only comment when I feel that my comment is useful.....or I just think my agreement is supportive. I'm pretty much a listener by nature and curious always to hear other points of view. I'm 84...only my body knows that; my brain, curiosity, interest in people and almost any topic is insatiable. This computer and the things I have discovered and those I have not discovered are simply awesome. And I'm grateful for this KT, as it is a pretty impressive gathering of people who represent a broad and diverse collection of human beings at our 'best'. My chance, too, to say Thank You for being my friends.

mamapinky0 thanked nanny98
  • glenda_al
    7 years ago

Welcome! Most of us are a fun loving group!

mamapinky0 thanked glenda_al
  • PKponder TX Z7B
    7 years ago

Nanny, funny you would say that you are a thread ender, I feel that way too sometimes. It shouldn't matter to me, but sometimes it does make me just want to read and not reply :-)

• nicole___
    7 years ago

Hi.....I'm kind of busy, maybe self involved is a better assessment. Sorry, didn't notice anyone getting left out. Welcome to the table!

DH & I are remodeling a house....while freezing to death in Colorado. lol I check in every now and then. Hope to see you around!

mamapinky0 thanked nicole___
  • matti5
    7 years ago

When I joined the KT in 2006, I felt the same as you do. The times I did initiate a thread, I received little to no responses. Responding to threads I also felt invisible. Totally opposite of my initial experiences in other GW forums. It felt a bit cliquish here my first year, but I have not felt that way since. I used to be more active here, but the past several months have been extremely busy for me. I miss sitting at my computer every morning with a cup of coffee, two cats on my desk and checking in at the KT :)

mamapinky0 thanked matti5
  • angelaid_gw
    7 years ago

From your post history, I see 4 original posts from November (on the KT), that got between 7 and 25 responses, respectively ... what are your expectations from an internet message board?

mamapinky0 thanked angelaid_gw
  • arkansas girl
    7 years ago

I've been posting here since the early 2000's, I don't really remember when I started posting really but it's been a long time. Seldom ever do I get any sort of responses from anything I post. Occasionally someone will "like" a post I make...usually it goes unacknowledged. It's not like FB where everyone "likes" posts. Often times...more often than not, I don't even open a thread if the title doesn't catch my attention. I'm sure that people read your posts but don't really think to click "like". I'm sure it's not intentional.

PKponder...I thought that I was the neighborhood thread ender? LOL

mamapinky0 thanked arkansas girl
  • ldstarr
    7 years ago

Welcome to KT. I'm also a relative newcomer and fellow Pennsylvanian. DH & I are both in our fifties. 1 DS & 1 DD, both unmarried but in "exclusive" relationships at the moment. We also have 1 cat, Zap and 1 dog, Bella. Give it time and you'll see that some posts just don't really need a response or just don't interest a lot of members.

Lisa

(Edited to correct typo)

mamapinky0 thanked ldstarr
  • Alisande
    7 years ago

Here's one suggestion: The title of this thread, "I've Noticed" is vague and doesn't give anyone a clue as to what it's about. Usually, my decision to open a thread depends on whether or not I think I can contribute to it or learn from it. I suspect threads with more specific titles get more attention. Perhaps that will help.

mamapinky0 thanked Alisande
  • arkansas girl
    7 years ago

Alisande, I was going to say the exact thing. "I've noticed" would have been better if it had said "Why am I being ignored?" or something more detailed.

mamapinky0 thanked arkansas girl
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    7 years ago

Pinky, I think that if you review your history here at KT, you'll realize that your feelings of being ignored are unfounded. Participation at a forum like this is not like having an eyeball to eyeball conversation.

I consider you part of the KT community and recognize your contributions but don't feel it necessary to comment on every remark from you or others. But EVERY comment, opinion, retort, compliment, and complaint is registered in my mind as important.

You are an interesting soul, mamapinky....you've made more of an impression than you know. GOOD FOR YOU for expressing your feelings.

mamapinky0 thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
  • eld6161
    7 years ago

Ending a thread? Pk and Nanny, now I have to see if i ever do that!???? Mmmmm.....

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I do thank you all, upon reflection as to what prompted me to post this..perhaps I over reacted, I was feeling a wee bit on the pitty the pinky yesterday. LOL.

PKPonder...don't you dare comment on every one of my posts or comments Haha.. if you have a comment great if you don't also fine. Thank You for wanting to make me feel included.

So many of you have responded here that I can't possiably respond to each one of you...Lol. but eventually I'll get it all in. In the meantime I thank you all for reminding me what iI've seen many times while lurking at the KT, a great group of folks with warm welcomes to all....Now..where's the coffee? And yes, I have brought chocolate. LOL

• User
    7 years ago

Welcome Mama! No, your not being ignored, some people just have nothing to add, or maybe too busy at the time. I don't always reply unless I have something to say.

Make yourself at home, this is a place to have fun and relax!

mamapinky0 thanked User
  • Anne
    7 years ago

I am sorry your feelings are hurt. Hope those grandkids are well.You can PM me if you wanna chat. I get ignored sometimes here too!

mamapinky0 thanked Anne
  • eld6161
    7 years ago

Mamapink, I'm not sure if you have visited the Smaller Homes forum. We are an eclectic group who all live in home 2,000 square feet or smaller.

Tuesdays we have tea. Anyone can start it and we share what we are up to and what you are drinking whether it is tea, coffee or any beverage of your choice.

The thread continues for a few days. Stop in when you have a chance.

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I often forget about the like and thank you buttons. I do say thank you but those buttons I never remember. I also can not believe I forgot to mention a very important member of the family and the love of my life...Little Lil (Lily) ..Lil is a dog, however neither her or I realize that. Shes an 8 pound 7 year old Chorkie who I have had since she was 8 weeks old. Most of you are animial lovers so you understand my great love for her. But it wasn't always like that. Before Lil I never had a pet nor did I want one, I could not stand any animial near me, for some reason it grossed me out. I'm being honest. Than I responded to an ad for a pure breed Yorkie for my teenage daughter. I drove 2 hours walked into the worst filth I'd ever seen. There was a yorkie walking around with swollen milk glands and a chichuhua on the couch...and omg the tiniest little puppy in a cage eating feces...it was instantly clear the pup was not a pure breed yorkie..I turned to leave, but instead walked to the cage picked up the puppy handed over 600 dollars and said* you did not pull one over on me, but I suspect this is the best money I've ever spent. It was..I instantly loved this tiny filthy, flea infested puppy. straight to a vet where she weighed 13 ounces and was full of all the parasites, so badly infected they ate holes in her gastro system from top to bottom. We deal with on going illness. But I've learned there is a such thing as loving an animial as much as you do your children. By the way..this pup was supposed to be my daughters baby, but one guess on who she really belongs to LOL.

I really can ramble on..lol...

• OklaMoni
    7 years ago

Glenda I LOVE that picture you posted!

• stacey_mb
    7 years ago

I love reading comments from everyone on KT, whether a newly begun thread or a continuing discussion. I don't respond unless I have something to add to the discussion, so perhaps in that way I'm somewhat invisible. I learn so much from all of you and I find this site a great way to have a social life without leaving the house! LOL! So I'm happy that you're here, Mamapinky, and adding to the "party." For myself, I live with DH and am the mother of a grown son and have two grandchildren. Right now I'm a bit housebound, having recently fractured an ankle. Looking on the bright side, it's giving me an excuse to do more reading, knitting, etc. and ignore household chores.

mamapinky0 thanked stacey_mb
  • H B
    7 years ago

Oh, Mamapinky, I am so sorry you have felt ignored. I lurk more than post, but see your name out there and LOVE reading your thoughts and posts ... and feel you're a very interesting person! Not sure you could hear me on the sidelines jumping up and down cheering when you got a new washing machine! I was just reading through the thread (which maybe started more than a year ago) asking people to post photos -- the laundry room reads so tight, I'd be terrified to post out there. Hoping you feel the lurker love. :-)

mamapinky0 thanked H B
  • Jak Perth
    7 years ago

Hey, I must say I haven't noticed your posts but I seldom post or respond but I do lurk. One thing we have in common though is the raising of grandkids. We have had our grandson since birth and he is now 15. Not the retirement we planned but a good life nonetheless!

mamapinky0 thanked Jak Perth
  • marilyn_c
    7 years ago

How very kind of you to save that puppy from such a horrid situation! Thank you for doing that. I grew up with no sibs in the house. They were grown and gone when I was born. Animals have always been an important part of my life. I relate to them more than people.

mamapinky0 thanked marilyn_c
  • sheilajoyce_gw
    7 years ago

I discovered this site about 1993. I would check in regularly, but mostly lurked. Over the years I have posted comments, and sometimes people would reply. But when I have needed information, I come here and always get great suggestions/answers. I have posted here often enough that when I promote a product I love and recently have discovered, no one accuses me of selling my own products. We are empty nesters in coastalish southern California. Our 3 grown kids live in 3 different states. Youngest is currently interviewing for a different job. Middle one just lived through a scam tow truck driver being part of hijacking his car with a crooked, nutty repair shop owner. Thank goodness the insurance company worked it out. And our eldest is the wonderful mother of our 2 cute grandsons. They moved to northern Texas a year ago and are enjoying the suburbs in contrast to living in crowded, expensive Los Angeles. If you haven't figured it out, I am verbose.

mamapinky0 thanked sheilajoyce_gw
  • mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

H B...so that was you I heard cheering me on when I bought my first front loader. .LOL Thank YOU. Dont be terrified to post in the laundry room, everyone there really is a great group of lovely people. Really, pretty much just like the KT..all very respectful and caring. Sure occasionally someone stops in and says a few nasty things but I suppose that happens in all forums. Please feel free to drop in if you want.

• Lindsey_CA
    7 years ago

Oh, good grief. I first read the OP last night, and immediately did a search for mamapinky0 in the KT and found several posts. In every thread you were responded to, many times by name, and many times more than once. And, yes, I have previously responded to you by name in a thread.

Are you complaining because not everyone who posts in a thread responds to your comments? Think of how many total responses there would be in each thread if everyone who commented had to respond to everyone else who had already commented.

• eld6161
    7 years ago

I agree, Lindsey. Sometimes things veer off and it seems like only two or three people are talking to each other. But, that is because something just happened to strike a cord of similarity and they go with it. No offense should be taken.

• joyfulguy
    7 years ago

I've seen your posts several times and often was interested in what you've had to say, though I may not have responded.

Sometimes I get responded to - sometimes not.

But I enjoy the interplay here, and am not lothe to add to it.

Keeping up with activity at this place is one of the enjoyable parts of my life.

An old guy, long divorced, whose ex-, nine years younger, died over 10 years ago ... and here I am, still running around at 87, with a birthday coming in a couple of weeks.

Two kids, over 50, no grandkids, daughter has spent most of the last 20 years in and around Phoenix, and Cozumel ... she has dual citizenship, as her Mom was from Iowa.

ole joyful

• mamapinky0
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Ole Joyful....I read your posts also..there have been a few times when I was really down...I found a smile in your posts..so Thank You! !

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH