SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
explanationrequired

Need Backsplash Suggestions

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We just finished installing new cabinets (Ikea grimslov white) and countertops (Caesarstone clamshell) and I'm struggling with what to do for the backsplash. The walls are currently painted the same color they were prior to the remodel - Behr's Valley Mist. I'm not opposed to repainting though, because they feel more pale and more green than I intended once the cabinets/countertops were in place. With the old cabinets they read more blue, which would be my preference.

I've attached some photos. The best I can do on an overcast day. The counters are a medium grey, with not a lot of movement. A slight pink undertone. I like a lot of color in my decorating - the adjacent living room has the same color walls, yellow curtains, a navy Moroccan rug (pictured), and walnut tone floors and furniture. A bit mid century, a bit eclectic, and very colorful. Hardware/appliances are stainless, with a brass light fixture and some brass accessories.

I want the kitchen to tie in colorwise, but not be quite so out there. A calmer, but not boring, version. I had looked at some aqua mini glass subway tile, but prefer the variation I would get from ceramic instead. I just haven't found the right thing, and truth be told, am not even sure what I'm looking for. I'd like to keep cost to $15-20/sqft, as a minor swapping of cabinets has already morphed into refinished floors, new appliances, etc.

Any ideas for me?

(Window trim to be painted to match the cabinets; exhaust fan still coming)

(Adjacent living room rug)

Comments (15)