SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sek518

Noticed some things during a repot that I'm a little worried about?

Hi, I have a lucky bamboo plant that I recently repotted into a larger container. While I was repotting it, I noticed some things that have me a bit concerned.

First of all, I noticed this strange bare patch near the base of one of the stalks. It looks like the outer layer of the stalk is missing, and it's somewhat soft to the touch. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm worried it might be cause for alarm. I also noticed another, much shallower patch higher up on the stalk (you can see a little bit of it in the above):

I'm not as worried about this one, but I figured I should include it just in case.

Secondly, the roots seemed to be a bit off. Some of the roots were green and mushy like they were rotting, and they practically fell apart when I touched them. A lot of the roots were completely fine, but I couldn't tell which stalk the damaged roots were coming from because they're very tangled up. I tried to remove the bits that were already falling off at the touch, but again the roots are so tangled up that I couldn't get to them without harming the healthy roots.

I would be more worried about these things, but the plant doesn't seem to be ill. It actually recently started growing a new leaf. The leaves have been pretty pale for a while, but none of them have died. Should I be doing something about this? Thanks in advance!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington