SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dzyg

I'm worried.......

dzyg
15 years ago

Ok, I know we all get a little carried away sometimes and worry about nothing but I haven't seen our male BB since Tuesday morning. I have always seen him every morning but not the last two days. The female laid the fourth egg on Tuesday, I was thinking maybe she would lay another on Wednesday but she didn't. She did start incubating on Wednesday and still is today but I have seen nothing of the male. Yesterday I didn't get much chance to look as I was at school with my dd but after school I watched and saw nothing of the male, just the female. Today I have been watching alot and I see the female poking her head out of the hole alot, she still is staying in the nestbox alot but I also see her go out and fly away for little bits of time. I have been putting some mealworms under a tree branch that she perches on but I don't think she has found them yet. I would think I would be seeing the male bringing her food or checking the nest when she leaves as I have in previous years. It is just so odd not to see him at all. This nestbox is further away from our house and there are more tree around that he could be in and just watching from afar but I am still worried something happened to him, especially after I had been seeing him daily and now nothing. The weather isn't supposed to be the greatest for the next week either, lots of rain/storms possible. I sure hope she finds those mealworms especially if I am right about the male, if she does I will need to order more, hopefully Sunshine will still ship to me as I was a customer of theirs for the last two years. I sure hope I am just panicing for nothing here.

Donna

Comments (9)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals