SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

One big room, 3 rug patterns? Yikes!

I have gotten great advice on layout and rug sizes from folks here. Now I'm ready to pick some actual colors and styles. There are some great sales over the next week or so which may allow me to get some ordered now and not have to use old beat up rugs.

So the place in question is a large one room apartment over a garage. The overall dimensions are approximately 30'x30' not counting the separate bathroom.

It is basically 4 zones,

1. The kitchen zone

2. a tv/ lounge zone

3. a cozy fireplace and reading zone

4. the sleeping zone

My plan is for a big 9x12 rug in zone 2. A smaller 5x7 in zone 3. and possibly 2 small rugs on either side of the bed in zone 4. Obviously you can see all the rugs at once so they need to work together, or at least not clash.

Here is the plan, I'm showing the rugs in a neutral to demonstrate placement and size.

My hoped for style is country lodge, blending things from my Scottish and New Zealand heritage. We descend from the MacKenzies which is also my daughter's name. So this rug is a given. Most likely the biggest rug.

Then I have these 2 patterns that I can do in a 5x7 by the wood burning stove.

Pattern 1-Piper

Pattern 2-Oasis

This is a pic of the 2 green swivel chairs that will be in this zone. Color is more of a leaf or dark apple green.

I also have quite a few sheepskin rugs,

most are small, like 2x3 so I could use those over by the bed, or I can buy either of those patterned rugs in a small size.

This space will be a guest cottage so mostly for adults. There is a more kid friendly space elsewhere.

Comments (5)