SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Yikes! Run out of room with 9X12 BR Addition

13 years ago

We are finally about to start on Master Bathroom Addition (after thinking about it for over 3 years). We have hired a design/build team to add on a 12X 9 addition to the present 9X 5 bathroom, which will be converted to a walk in closet. Door into bathroom will be located where the present window is.

9' width is determined by the placement of the window in our Bedroom which is located right at the edge of the wall. To make BR wider, we would have to replace our brand new window- and lose width...so not my preference...

Toilet location is determined by present toilet which is right next to the new location. Everything else is optional as it will be a new build. We would like to put two windows in corner where tub will be. Once I drew up a rough plan, (waiting to see initial plan from designer) I don't think I have enough room to climb into tub!

We'd originally thought of putting a corner tub in, but have reconsidered thinking it may take too long, be too expensive to fill, etc. I want a comfortable soaking tub- I hate my 5 foot long 15" deep tub in the main bath. I hear from many that big whirlpools end up being an expensive waste of space, so am thinking an air-tub may be a better option--I love to take baths, and I do have a hot tub outside.

Reading through the forum, it seems many of you have a similar sized bathroom. Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Comments (12)