Dog is a bit too overprotective of my kids.

andy99mich

Yesterday DH's parents came over. I have a dog, Bernese Mountain Dog Mix, and he is so overprotective of my DD, 9 and DS, 3. He won't let my mother in law or father in law near the kids without snapping at them and growling it getting permission from me or DH. When Lola, my dog that recently passed away, was around he never did this. Ugh...

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sushipup1

So what are you going to do when the dog actually bites someone? You need to find a dog trainer immediately to help with this. Sorry, but even if the dog has never bitten anyone before, you don't know what will happen when the dog is faced with real strangers. Please get help.

If it were my dog, for right now, I would close the dog in another room while company is there. And then work on a real solution.

2 Likes Save    
sylviatexas1

It sounds like anxiety because your other dog has disappeared from his life . You might post on the pets forum advice as to what to actually do about it LOL. Many experienced and helpful people over there.

1 Like Save    
PRO
Anglophilia

You need a dog trainer NOW!

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Laundry Rooms A Laundry Room With Bunk Beds and a Shower for Muddy Dogs
Custom cabinets with dog beds and a new step-up dog shower turn a laundry room into a hardworking hot spot
Full Story
Pets 16 Stylish Built-In Sleeping Areas for Dogs
Give pets their own safe haven with these built-in dog beds for the kitchen, living areas and laundry room
Full Story
Living Rooms Room of the Day: Balancing Rustic and Glam in North Carolina
He wanted rough hewn; she wanted more polished — and a kid and dogs needed considering. See how their family room came together beautifully
Full Story
We create award winning kitchens/baths designed to suit your lifestyle! The heart of the home is always the... Read More
At 2 Navy Lane, we pride ourselves on amazing customer service and beautiful designs. We also offer Professional... Read More