SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

Downy, Sales Down

mamapinky0
7 years ago

Roc touched on this not long ago, but I can't find the post. I also don't know how to post links. But I will say P&G is complaining that sales are too low on their Fabric Softener, Downy. This doesn't surprise me, with the younger generation being more and more aware of our great Eco system. Than there's the *Scent* factor of Downy. There's not one Downy scent on the US Market IMHO that smells nice...they are all overpowering, very sweet, fake flower scents...Downys Lavender is soo strong and sweet it gags me...and it smells nothing like Lavender. April Fresh has to take the award, its disgusting, words can't discribe how vile this scent is to me....true I don't use much FS, a little on towels and sometimes on cotton tee shirts. ..and I use the unscented, once in awhile adding a few drops of scented....You would think P&G would get a brain, they have been overwhelmed with requests for the Original April Fresh to be brought back, this in itself would boost sales. I've heard the stories around the net that the original scent of April Fresh came from a French perfume company and P&G didn't have permission to use it...did this info come from P&G or the perfume company? Where can one read about this? Regardless P&G employs people in the perfume or Scent field and surely they can come up with a scent that mimics the real April Fresh. ....

P&G can bemoan all they want about low sales in regards to Downy, but until they step up to the plate and realize people don't want all this sickly sweet fragrance its not going to get better...

P&G if your reading this ...LOL... bring back the real April Fresh and watch your sale increase ten fold.

Comments (61)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner