SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shawn_hyde31

Buying Miele Range & Combi-Steam. Would you also buy a speed oven?

travel guy
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We are finalizing a kitchen design and I'm struggling with a purchase decision here. We are going to buy the Miele Induction 30" M-Touch Range and an M-Touch Combi-Steam oven. Now, I'm on to the microwave and I can't decide whether or not I should spring for a Speed Oven, a simpler but still decent Convection Microwave or just buy a basic microwave and save some money.

95% of the time, we are cooking for two, so a third oven in simultaneous use is unlikely, but a Speed Oven is a different animal from the other two.

I know if I just buy a microwave it will be relegated to warming dog food, softening butter, making some occasional popcorn, edammame snacks, and a few other mundane tasks. I am not sure what I might do with a capable speed oven that I wouldn't just do in the Combi-Steam instead.

Thoughts? If it were you, what would you do (assuming you didn't have an unlimited budget, which we don't). We can afford it if we want to and have a use for it, but we don't have enough income to just flush money for no reason.

Thanks!

Comments (11)