SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Embarrassing trip to bakery, thanks, Google Maps

Wednesday when I was checking Google Maps at my work location, I happened to notice that there is a bakery next door. Google Maps also said that it was open from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and so I decided to walk over there yesterday, and three co-workers went with me, hoping to be able to buy day-old bakery items. Only one of us had known that there was a bakery there, from the aroma, as there are no signs. Anyway, we went up to the front door of the office and went in, as it was not locked, but there was obviously no store or outlet there, and so I asked the people working there if they sold day-old bread. They said, "No" but that their bread was available at the Sunday Santa Monica farmers' market and a few other outlets, but generally not available at stores, that I can remember. After talking with the one woman in the front of the office for a few minutes, the director of operations came out to see who we were, and he said he would go to the back to see if he could find something for us, and came back with three large loaves of rustic bread and a baguette. We thanked him and then asked him what we could do in return, letting him know that we are a furniture/textiles company, and he said that he did need a new tablecloth for the farmers' markets, and so I offered to make him one with some fabric remnants in our warehouse, which amount to free fabric that we can use. Supposedly he will come back in a couple of weeks to pick out fabric, and maybe he will bring more bread.

If you see Ca' d'Oro bread, you should try it! For me, it is even better than La Brea Bakery bread and has a wonderful sourdough flavor. I may have to go to the SM farmers' market one Sunday, although I tend to avoid that market.

Comments (24)