SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Barstool: with or without backs and with or without swivel

I have no barstools in my house, but I have three in my back yard. One of our salesmen in New York said that people in NY want swivel barstools with backs. Also, people prefer different seat heights, from 25" to 30", although we generally make them either 27" or 29". I like them with short backs, less than 12", although I do not have a preference for seat height, since the only bar I have at my house is outdoors, and is teak, like my barstools.

Almost all of the barstools we make now do not have swivels, and so I have been working on designs that can swivel, but this means that the seat pretty much has to be round or at least fit on a round swivel. I drew one that has upholstery going to the floor, which means that the swivel would have to be at the floor, but this does not seem practical to me. No one here seems to agree on much regarding barstools, other than that they should swivel.

What kinds do you have? What would you prefer to have? It seems that barstools are becoming more common now, since so many people have open kitchens (which fortunately I do not), and the barstools are visible from outside the kitchen. My boss wanted me to put casters on one barstool design, but I think that it dangerous.

Comments (25)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor