SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen_marie_hans

Kitchen Design Help

Jen Hans
7 years ago

We are remodeling our kitchen and are in need of some advice. I attached the floor plan (sorry, scale drawings are obviously not my strong area...), and a few shots of the 3D model I'm working on. It is a little rough - the cabinets aren't perfect or consistent in style and the countertops don't look great. I will be working with someone to create a professional model, this is just me figuring things out :)

I'd love feedback on anything you see. I do have a few specific questions/concerns:

1. If the fridge is left as is, I am not sure how to finish that run. I don't like how a counter top and upper cabinets look, but feel like that is the most practical. In the design I have a 15" deep pantry cabinet. I could also do a regular counter depth pantry cabinet.

2. The refrigerator and the sink DO NOT overlap, even though it looks like it in my hand drawing. I thought about switching the built in oven/micro with the fridge, BUT that doesn't adhere well to the "ice, water, stone, fire". And it might also bring people into the "cooking zone". Fridge will be a french door.

3. I can't decide if I am going to go with just a built in oven and cook top, or a full range, or both.

4. The corner "appliance garage" is troublesome. I like the look of a true angled corner cabinet better, but a straight cabinet to the range wall would be easier to use.

5. Would you put any shelving around the range hood? Or just leave it open with a nice backsplash on the entire wall?

Notes: The island has to stay in that orientation. The door to the mudroom cannot move.

THANK YOU!

Comments (135)