SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilneverends

Weird question about art placement

aprilneverends
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We're moving soon into the new place-much smaller than the current one. I'll have a problem with fitting in..well everything, lol, but the question is about art. I think I'll have to group at least some of it (yes, some favorites will go in the bedrooms, some will be in the bathrooms, kitchen..over the fireplace..) yet still, as much as I'm hesitant sometimes to group art (I love gallery walls! I'm just hesitant to mix pieces sometimes because they have different emotional importance to me..)-I'll have to. I simply won't have space otherwise.

Now there will be three options. Two include walls above the couches(different rooms). Third one is one (part of) the wall in the (quite open) dining space.

I do have different art which I'd like to include, like ceramics, or handmade funky little mirrors, or wooden masks. Have paintings done in different techniques, drawings, collages, etc.

I lean a lot of paintings/drawings now, but I'll have much less space to do that. Since I also need the surfaces for ceramics that stand, books that become more numerous, plants, and everything else. And I will have less of these surfaces.

The hallway is narrow and has a lot of doors, so not that great place for display.

I'm drawn to portraits(some very realistic some more abstract) , cities (that I've been to)), flowers, and animals. Animals are more strange and cute than majestic, in the art I tend to choose.

Now to the question. As a guest-what you'd experience as less comfortable? Art over the sofa/s (we're in earthquake country), or art in the dining area, where you eat, communicate. etc.? Or both are bad options lol?

I don't want to cover every single surface with art too, it will become overwhelming, to me at least...

Comments (12)