SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellogram

50yo - new to investing - USAA fund advice?

Kello Gram
7 years ago

My husband and I are 48 & 50. Due to severe debt and poor financial choices, we've never had enough money to invest and just stuck our heads in the sand. We finally came to terms with our situation and took the needed drastic step and sold our home, cars and some personal property. We are now debt free, great credit scores (750+) and have a small chunk of money in savings after paying off the debt.

We are both self-employed with no employees and in the 25% tax bracket. Retirement is at least 20 years away. Children are grown and need no further financial help.

Our insurance is through USAA and we would like to invest in their funds - I think. I spoke with a USAA financial advisor and they don't help with picking a fund, they recommend going to the USAA website planner and after checking some boxes, a recommendation is spit out. I think I need a little more guidance than that.

Does anyone have any guidance for me? Resources to check out? Should we seek out a financial planner not affiliated with USAA?

-Thanks so much for any guidance you may have.

Just in case anyone is interested, here is a list of funds from USAA that are considered Moderately Aggressive to Aggressive:

Comment (1)

Sponsored
More Discussions