SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vaporvac

Climbers for NorthFacing wall:need help choosing before ARE sale ends!

I posted this on the regular rose forum, but I seem to recall that some people here grow some of these roses. Sorry for any repeat!

Hi all! Everyone was so helpful with my newbie spring choices, I thought I'd seek advice on a lengthy list of climbers to grow in Cincinnati, OH Z6b.
I have at least 45' of north-facing wall I'd like to cover in climbers. A 15'+ section is 18' tall, and the 30' section is 8'-9' tall. It gets good sun May- Sept, but is shaded the rest of the time. (I also have a 40' x 6'tall fence in full morning sun with dappled afternoon shade so all comments welcome.)

Attributes I'm most interested in: some shade-resistance, vigor/disease resistance for our heavy BS area, Fragrance, clean petal drop and thorniness in that order.
Here are the roses from ARE:
Aloha, Blossomtime, Bubble Bath, Cl. Crimson Glory, Climbing Clotilde Soupert, Felicia, Florentina, Sombreuil, Lavender Lassie, Parade, Cl. Pinkie, Peggy Martin, Setina, Cl. Madame Testout.

I'm also wondering if anyone knows if their Francis Debreuil is Barcelona. Thank you.

Comments (11)