SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Hard Candy Christmas

7 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just popping over to give a couple of heavy-hearted updates.

First being that my gram (whose lemonade you all love so well), is not doing so good. She had a mild heart attack last month, and on Tuesday night, she went to the hospital for chest pains. She also hadn't been eating, drinking, or getting enough sleep for the three days prior to that. They did a catheterization at a neighboring county's/town hospital a day or two ago, and showed that two of her three arteries are 100% clogged. They can't do surgery on her because of her age. She is now in a HealthSouth rehab/recovery center for a week, maybe two.

Last Thursday, my best friend's stepfather died when he wrecked his truck that evening and I found out the following morning. I spent last weekend with him and his family, and we had a pre-Thanksgiving meal at his aunt's home nearby on Sunday.

The title for this post did indeed come from the song featured in a famous play and movie. Listening to it at the moment, and the chorus describes my situation perfectly. 2016 was quite a turbulent year. There were a couple of highs, but the lows were really low. I just hope that things look a little brighter for us all soon.

Brad AKA Moonwolf (howls in sorrow)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!