I'm sorry you're so hurt.
9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (122)
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Discussions
I'm hurt by how I was treated by friend at lunch at her house
Comments (29)Ok, I've answered some of these points above already but once again to clarify: 1. There wasn't enough room at the table, so we did fix a plate but it wasn't just a matter of taking our seats. There were no seats to take. Going to the kitchen was a last resort - I didn't know what else to do. 2. The hostess had not yet eaten by the time we arrived. So she couldn't remain sitting at the table and eat without getting up. She wasn't already sitting at the table. She was standing, fixing herself a plate. 3. I didn't realize how late we were till we got there - there was no set starting time and she lives an hour away, we sat in the Friday-Afternoon-Heading-Out-Of-Town traffic which I don't know if you can imagine unless you live in a place like Houston where it's unpredictable at best and can be horrific. 4. My children, ages 17 and 20 WERE includded - it's a holiday. (for those who aren't Jewish, maybe that's not meaning anything to you, but would you go to a friend's house for say, Easter Lunch, and leave your kids at home, no matter what age? This would be comparable to that. In any case the invitation which was sent via email said, You and your family. There's NO question, the kids were included. 5. She made no attempt to sit near us. She put her plate down as if she meant to sit near us but came back before ever sitting anywhere, picked up her plate, and went to the other table. I don't mind if she sat with us or not, it's just the way she acted as if she was going to, then apparently changed her mind. Even THAT wouldn't have mattered had it been a table with others in addition to just our family. It was just weird, the four of us, sitting alone in the kitchen, no other guests sitting or eating with us, the rest of the entire party in another room, and no attempt to integrate us into the party. Yeah, we're guilty of being late. But as hostess, it's her duty to make us comfortable and welcome, late or not. That's what I think you'd learn in an etiquette class. 6. And again - we were about 20 minutes late. Is that really late enough to turn around after being in the car one hour and not show up at all? If someone were 20 minutes late to my house and let that convince them to blow off my party, I'd be horrified. 7. I HAVE gotten over this, WAY over this. I wasn't going to answer lizzynola's post for that reason and because most of her questions/comments had already been covered in my previous posts. But since the discussion continues, I'm answering. I am glad I was able to vent here. I'm no longer mad or hurt. I'm still good friends with her. She had no ill intentions. I thank you all for your comments. May...See MoreI'm feeling VERY sorry for myself...
Comments (48)Anglophilia, you have struck me as a strong, sensible person. Going through tests, especially the difficult and painful ones as you have done, sleeping as you did with the tubing, is not really feeling sorry for yourself. You're allowed to complain and hurt : - ) Glad you posted, and happy to see you have received so much great support! My thoughts are with you as you await results and outcome....See MoreI’m sorry, a mattress thread (winkbed?)
Comments (23)I’ll check back nini! It’s so frustrating deciding on a mattress. If my husband wasn’t getting impatient I would have did a bit more looking. I like almost everything the Saatva luxury firm has to offer but ideally I would like all that except the memory foam middle layer. I could be wrong but even companies claiming high quality memory foam have problems with some sagging over time. Memory foam tends to flatten out in areas you sleep. It may be more affected on the side a heavier person is. Since that layer looks rather thin in the middle of the Saatva‘s interiors photo’s I think it will be fine. Don‘t even get me started on all the research involved in choosing a quality Talalay 100% natural organic latex topper. I almost went with one company that claimed there were zero chemicals used and was a hundred & seventy five more. Come to find out, even with certified mattresses they are not a 100% free of chems but close at over 96%. While the mattress/topper is natural, they have to be treated somewhat for shipping. Anyway, my poor husband has to put up with me doing my best. I need support and a supported edge but my tail bone was broken twice as a kid so need some relief there, and there‘s also other issues like fibromyalgia, arthritis and some new undiagnosed things going on. Those are bad days, the rest of the time I’m dandy : )...See MoreGuest Poster: I'm so sorry.
Comments (41)Sushi, I flag posts too if I see your comments and the offending post is still there. I'm happy to do some small part in trying to keep the spam under control here. I think if you didn't care and wage a one person war, this place would be over-run. It feels like Whack-A-Mole, but your efforts make it better and I wanted to say thank you. ====== I don't understand why the perpetually crabby bother to post here. There aren't very many of them, but they sure are consistently miserable here ALL DAY LONG, every day. They don't seem to be having any fun. They don't seem happy. They sure don't give 2 hoots about friendship or camaraderie here either. So all I can come up with is that they have nothing else to do and it makes them feel better or superior to be so condescending to everyone. People who spend any time here learn what names to ignore, but I do feel bad for new posters. Many new people post these polite requests for help, and to have the perpetually crabby be their first reply is so stinking mean. Not much makes me angry, but pointless meanness in response to a politely worded post pushes my buttons. The world has enough pointless meanness. Try kindness, it makes everyone feel better....See More- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
Related Stories

PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
LIFESo You're Moving In Together: 3 Things to Do First
Before you pick a new place with your honey, plan and prepare to make the experience sweet
Full Story
WINTER GARDENING6 Reasons I’m Not Looking Forward to Spring
Not kicking up your heels anticipating rushes of spring color and garden catalogs? You’re not alone
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESCommon Myths That May Be Hurting Your Garden
Discover the truth about fertilizer, soil, staking and more to keep your plants healthy and happy
Full Story
PETSSo You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
MOST POPULARHow to Create an Inventory, Whether You're Naturally Organized or Not
Documenting your home items is essential, even if disaster seems unimaginable. And it may be easier than you think
Full Story
MOST POPULARSo You Say: 30 Design Mistakes You Should Never Make
Drop the paint can, step away from the brick and read this remodeling advice from people who’ve been there
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSo Your Style Is: Rustic
Refreshing in its simplicity, rustic style highlights natural beauty and a rugged, resilient spirit. Is it a match for you?
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHow to Decorate When You're Starting Out or Starting Over
No need to feel overwhelmed. Our step-by-step decorating guide can help you put together a home look you'll love
Full Story
GARDENING FOR BUTTERFLIES3 Ways Native Plants Make Gardening So Much Better
You probably know about the lower maintenance. But native plants' other benefits go far beyond a little less watering and weeding
Full StorySponsored
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH


Georgysmom