SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

Your Favorite Way to Spend a Cold, Rainy Day?

LynnNM
7 years ago

Rainy, cold, cloudy days are very infrequent here where I live in the mountains of New Mexico. I actually love them, because they remind me of growing up in Michigan, where rain and clouds are much more frequent. Today has been a day like that. It's been cold, cloudy and rainy pretty much all day. I realize that if you live in the Pacific Northwest, days like this are not too special, but I'm curious. What's your favorite way to spend a day like today?

For me, it's lighting a fire in our family room fireplace, which opens to the kitchen. I'll put on some mellow Classical music and then I like to make a pot of homemade soup. And perhaps some muffins for breakfast in the morning, too. This afternoon I'm in the middle of making a big pot of French Onion Soup. I'm not quite sure why, but for me, Classical music just feels like a Fall sort of music. Afterwards, while the soup is simmering, I love to curl up on the sofa in the family room with a good book and snuggle with my furkids. I took this pic just a few minutes ago. To me, this is so cozy, and the perfect way to spend the day. How about you?.

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!