SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

UPS vs Canada Post......No Comparison!!!!

Jasdip
7 years ago

I'm expecting a deliver from Amazon. A wee box no bigger than a computer modem. It was to be delivered yesterday.

I did a couple of errands early, and was home at 9. Did a load of laundry. Hung around all day, and early afternoon, I went out to bring the recycling and garbage bins in.

There, stuck on our mailboxes was a Sorry I missed you ticket from UPS. I was livid. I still am. He couldn't walk up 2 flights of stairs to knock on my door. He just stuck it to the mailbox inside the main door. There are only 3 apts in the whole building, and I'm the top floor. Not like he had to take an elevator.

I called UPS and raised holy hell. On the ticket it said I could pick it up at such and such UPS store the next day. That store happens to be in my neighbourhood. But the lady at UPS head office said it would have to go to their UPS depot way the hell in the boonies at the other end of the city. Of course I argued with her on that as well.

Anyway, she said she'd tell the driver to deliver it today. I told her to tell him to actually deliver it, and not pretend to.

I've had large boxes; one was my Puck Oven by Canada Post and they delivered it to my door. When I hear them, and we always hear people coming up the stairs I often meet them on the stairs to save them more steps.

Comments (21)