reflect upon this month, but I've found Native Americans are called
the first gardeners: “Over the course of thousands of years,
American indigenous peoples domesticated, bred and cultivated a large
array of plant species. These species now constitute 50–60% of all
crops in cultivation worldwide.”

Corn
is a well-known crop, but other significant crops include pumpkins,
peppers, squash, tomatoes, cocoa beans (for chocolate) and most other
types of beans, sunflower seeds, and chicle.

Today
(November 2) concludes the celebration of Day of the Dead for many
people, particularly in central and southern Mexico. What I read
states a belief that
the gates of heaven are opened at midnight on October 31, and the
spirits of all deceased children are allowed to reunite with their families for 24 hours. On November
2, the spirits of the adults come down to enjoy the festivities that
are prepared for them. I've seen some displays representing the Day
of the Dead and they are very artistic and beautiful. For most, the celebration is
not a somber occasion, but more of a joyous family get together often
including music, gathering at the local graveyard, and food. Of
course, the beliefs and the celebration vary from one country to
another.

Please
Note: For
any newcomers, FOTESS is a members only group. If you would like to
join, please contact me (sandlapper_rose) or Shirley (sjc48) for more
information.

Now
on to the swap: It's a busy month for many so the swap will be
simple:

Part
1: You will send either a packet of seeds or a card (handmade or
bought) that relates to any Native American group and write a bit of
information about the seeds or design for the card and enclose that
information in what you send to your swap partner. You can send both
a card and a packet of seeds if you wish. I think everyone in this
group will have one pack of seeds that relate in some way to Native
American agriculture, but if not – don't worry about it. It's
really difficult to buy seeds in the store at this time of the year.

Part
2: Using the internet, your books, or the library; print out
something about Native American farming or the origin of the use of a
food product, a related recipe, or a simple word game to include in
the envelope.

So
much more is known about “Indian” cultures than what was known
when I went to school. Several years ago I had the opportunity to
visit the Native American Museum (part of the Smithsonian Museum) in
Washington, DC. It's beautiful and so interesting.

Prize
#1 goes to the first person who can identify what common product sold
in grocery stores is related to the production of chicle.

and mail out by 21st.

So, let's sign up!

Comments (46)

• smitties
    7 years ago

I will join in on this easy but fun swap. Thanks for hosting.

I do believe the answer to your question is Chiclets gum. Margo

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

This sounds interesting and fun. Sign me up.

Chicle is used to make chewing gum. I remember Chiclets when I was a child.

• Related Discussions

new: fotess birthday bash swap

Q

Comments (109)
    Yeah Heidi ~~~ Thanks for hosting this fun swap this month. You got us all started on a creative roll & the packages were awesome. Thanks again, Heidi! Spring is ramping up quickly here in WA, so I am going to be a lurker and probably not play for awhile. Any day it is milder & not too rainy I'm outside if at all possible before I work in the late afternoon. If I get ahead now it pays off all summer long not only in our gardens, but especially in the high visibility camp gardens that have a huge weed bank. Our mulching works as long as no one else digs in there. A water leak last month led to a backhoe digging & you can imagine that mess with our rocky soil. The mostly fist or bigger sized rocks are now back on top. I'm thinking I'm going to just let a groundcover spread over them after I meander them a bit. I had made a nice stack & edging for the bike parking... At home hubby mowed the lawn Sunday afternoon, so now it's an even bright green. Our son has taken advantage of the dry afternoons working on blowing the driveway of fir needles & cedar debris. That reduces the muddy gravel a lot if we can keep up. I went to a plant swap on Saturday & stuffed the Suburban with lots of plants for camp. Most exciting was the hen & chicks for my hubby's topiary project he saw in a library book I checked out for him. See, gardening is c-a-t-c-h-i-n-g. We have lots of moss for stuffing the wire frame! The native Indian plum is about to bloom. Once I smell that fragrance it's officially spring for me here & the race is on! Happy almost Spring, Corrine
    ...See More

FOTESS Celebrating the Winter Solstice Season Swap!

Q

Comments (130)
    Isn't that poem perfect for the theme of this swap? I too received that card from Chelsie and was very pleased to hear from her! Thanks, Chelsie! Well, I've checked and everyone who signed up to send cards this month have done so. I want to thank each and every one of you for taking time out of your busy lives to participate in this swap. And thanks again for sending the extra, last minute cards! I love this swap and you all helped make it very special for me. Many, many thanks! And I was so glad to hear from our other members too! Nice to catch up with everyone! Please remember, everyone, if you can't join in on any of the swaps, we would love to have you stop by and visit with us. Cards were sent to ALL members of FOTESS, but there are some who haven't responded yet. To those who haven't posted, please let us know if you received Winter Solstice cards, okay? Posting on this swap site will be fine. Jeanne has posted the January FOTESS swap and it sounds like it is going to be FUN!! She always has the best ideas! Check it out and join in! To close this swap, I want to wish all our members a peace-filled New Year, and remember, the Winter Solstice Season lasts for a few months, make the most of it! Shirley! PS - one Winter Solstice Season activity I totally forgot to mention was: feeding the birds. I'll leave you with one last WSS pic.
    ...See More

Fotess September Swap...Falling for Fall

Q

Comments (387)
    Way back on Sept 30 I posted that prizes for winners would be sent over the next couple weeks. Well it is more than a month later and my shipment of bulbs finally arrived today. My sincere apologies to, Margo, Katie,Annie, Ruth and Shirley ( BG) for the delay. Mail will be sent Thursday and Friday and I will post DC #'s then. Best I can say, besides I'm sorry is what my Grandmother used to say about late BD presents..... "It makes the fun last a bit longer when it doesn't all come at the same time." Bethb
    ...See More

4th Annual FOTESS Holiday Card Swap

Q

Comments (179)
    Hello, I have finally gotten a day off from Amazon and the holiday shopping. I wanted to thank Heidi for the lovely card she sent plus she sent an extra card I can forward to someone else. Heidi I thought that was a good idea. I will have to remember that. Also Beth-b-Kodiak sent me a beautiful card with morning glory seeds of Grandpa Ott's. Beth I received another card from you with Italian Basil seeds. they both said FOTESS. Thank you all very much and happy holidays everyone. Faye!
    ...See More
  • gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Margo, looks like you beat me to it. I haven't had Chiclets in ages.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Our first winner - Margo!!! Congratulations.

Until I did some quick research this evening I didn't know the Native Americans chewed gum and so long ago. I'm not sure they still make Chiclets gum, but if not certainly some other gums still use chicle.

Signed up so far we have:

Jeanne

Margo

Emily

I know I am going to have lots of fun with the games this month. There is so much information!!!

Jeanne

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Jeanne, Sounds so interesting! I would love to join!

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Jeanne, count me in!!

Chiclets Gum....I loved Chiclets when I was younger....remember those cute, little colorful gems in the penny machines??

Margo, so good to see you.....

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• nottougly
    7 years ago

I can't miss this one. Sign me up please.

Faye!

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

Great swap idea, in my wheelhouse, and not time consuming, so please sign me up.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

So glad to see we have a few more signed up. I promise, it will be lots of fun and very little work.

Jeanne

Margo

Emily

Amy

Annie

Faye

Alana

(Faye and Alana, great to see both of you!)

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Just a quick note to let you know I'll post Bingo words tomorrow. You have until the end of the day Monday to get your list to me and I'll begin drawing words on Tuesday. We've got to have some great games this month!

I found two related events happening here in my area of South Carolina. On Nov. 12th (at my church no less) is the Native American Heritage Celebration. I hope I can make it. I plan to do so many things and then they fall through. Are you like that, too? Also, in nearby Columbia they are having a Day of the Dead Celebration tomorrow. I didn't expect to have local Native American things available to do this month when I thought of the theme.

Anyone else having some local Native American festivities this month? If you do - and especially if you attend - we would love to hear about it.

Off to bed now!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Here are the Bingo words for this month. To speed things along - so hopefully we have a winner before Thanksgiving - I will be selecting 2 words a day.

Send me you list of 20 words either by messaging me through Houzz or by e-mail from the list below by the end of the day on Monday and I will begin to draw them on Tuesday.

Atzec

Baskets

Bear

Buffalo

Canoe

Catawba

Cherokee

Chicle

Code Talkers

Dance

Deer

Dream Catcher

Drum

Feather

Gourds

Great Spirit

Horses

Kachinas

Maize

Manhattan

Missions

Moccasin

Mohawk

Navajo

Peppers

Pueblo

Pumpkin

Squash

Succotash

Thanksgiving

Three Sisters

Thunderbird

Tobacco

Tomato

Turquoise

Anyone who is a member of FOTESS can play Bingo this month, you don't have to be signed up for the swap ... and there's still time for more people to sign up for the swap if you like.

Jeanne

• sjc48
    7 years ago

Hey, All, I've got my Internet back! YAY!!

Jeanne, this is a really great idea, but I think I'm going to take a break this month. So many things going on, and as usual, no one can make up their minds about who, what and where! But I'll be dropping in from time to time to chat, and probably sharing my frustration!

Have a great weekend,

Shirley!

• l1oness
    7 years ago

Hello! I'll join in the swap this month. It sounds like fun, and not too complicated.

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Mandy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Great to see you, Mandy, and I'm adding you to the swap list.

Shirley, I know you' re glad to have Internet again. I get very impatient when ours is out.

I got Bingo words from at least 2 people so far. Will recheck e-mail and messages and post those who have sent their words later today.

For the swap:

Jeanne

Margo

Emily

Amy

Annie

Faye

Alana

Mandy

• smitties
    7 years ago

Jeanne, I sent my words to you by email. Margo

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Oh my, I got on earlier in the day and then we couldn't get to most of the Internet. Glad Bingo didn't start today!

I have Bingo words from:

Mandy

Annie

Margo

Emily

Faye

We don't start drawing words until Tuesday so there's still time to send your words in. I really hope the internet works smoothly when I get on tomorrow. I guess I just need to be thankful it finally let me on Houzz today.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Bingo words received from Amy and Nicole.

So glad you can play Bingo this month!

Jeanne

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    7 years ago

I will check in, but not swap. Can I tell you the two things I know that I've been itching to share? 1. The fine beadwork you see was not a product of the early Native Americans. It took every ounce of energy to live off the land. After they were on reservations they created their intricate beadwork and fabulous designs. 2. I typed up a manuscript for a man who did some research for a book. Native Americans were very good at sowing crops and saving space. They planted a "patch" of corn (not a field) and they planted squash, melons and other vines at the base. The vines could then climb the cornstalks. Heidi

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    7 years ago

We got rain! We got a million dollar let it soak in rain all day today. It's wonderful! Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Heidi, send some rain our way. We haven't had rain for 30 days and that was only because Hurricane Matthew was off the coast. I think on the news this evening they said we may beat the record for the most days in a row without rain (which is 40 days.)

Thanks for stopping in!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Our first two Bingo words:

Horses

Moccasin

Just a few comments on each:

Horses:
    The acquisition of horses by the plains Indians in the early 18th
    century transformed the lives of most tribes between the Rockies and
    the Mississippi. Almost overnight they found a much more effective
    way of hunting the buffalo, the main staple of life in this huge
    area, and a way to travel to greater distances. Native peoples paid
    homage to horses by incorporating them into their cultural and
    spiritual lives, and by creating art that honored the bravery and
    grace of the horse.

And just a bit about Appaloosa horses, since one of my horses is an Appaloosa:

The Nez Perce Indians of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho became highly sophisticated horsemen in the use of their horses, and their mounts were highly prized by other tribes. Unlike most tribes, the Nez Perce carefully selected the spotted horses they were to breed. Only the best horses were allowed to produce offspring. One of the first white men to visit the Nez Perce was an explorer and horseman, Meriwether Lewis. He described the Appaloosa in his journal dated February 15, 1806: Their horses appear to be of an excellent race. They are lofty, elegantly formed, and durable.

Moccasin: The most common style is that of the Plains Indians moccasin. Moccasins protect the foot while allowing the wearer to feel the ground. The Plains Indians wore hard-sole moccasins, given that their territorial geography featured rock and cacti. The eastern Indian tribes wore soft-sole moccasins, for walking in leaf-covered forest ground. Although mainly associated with Native Americans, moccasins were also worn by hunters, traders, and European settlers. Several tribes had words very similar to "moccasin" which was indicative of the word for shoe so the word is derived from Native American languages.

Okay, that was the Native American Segment for the day. I hope everyone gets a chance to vote. I think the local candidates were nearly forgotten about this year with all the emphasis on the Presidential race, but I went to my computer to read about them before I voted. Have a good day!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I'm still awake and following the election returns so I decided to post the Bingo words for Wednesday.

Baskets

Dance

Will check in later in the day today - doesn't really feel like Wednesday yet!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

It's barely Thursday here, but just a note that today is the last day to sign up for the swap. I'll post partners on Friday.

And now, before I head up to bed, Bingo words:

Missions

Thunderbird

Selected so far the list is:

Missions

Thunderbird

Baskets

Dance

Horses

Moccasin

See everyone again when it's daylight. I'm not staying up as late as I did last night ... nor am I getting up as early as I did this morning.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Again, we were having issues about not being able to get on the internet for part of the day so here it is almost 8 p.m. and my first time on today. It's so frustrating. We've only had 1 day in about the past 10 days that we had service available for the full day. It's usually out for at least 4-5 hours a day.

Is anybody doing anything special for Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is one of my sons-in-law's birthday this year. The other son-in-law has a "near Thanksigiving birthday". Both my father and my great uncle had birthdays on or near Thanksgiving so we had many years of that. They both passed away some time ago.

Speaking of birthdays. does anyone in the group have a November birthday? I looked through our list and didn't notice one, but if you are a November baby, speak up so we can wish you a happy birthday.

I'm going to post a new game and should get it listed tomorrow when I list partners for the swap. Of course, Bingo will continue. (I believe one person had 5 of the 6 words on her list. What a start!)

See everyone tomorrow.

Jeanne

• smitties
    7 years ago

It looks like I am one that is off to a great start with 5 of my words chosen for Bingo.

Just a small gathering here for Thanksgiving. Probably 8 of us. I haven't figured out what to serve yet other than the Turkey. My daughter will celebrate her 25th birthday on the 27th. She has had a few birthdays on Thanksgiving. She was born on a Wednesday so I spent that Thanksgiving in the hospital. Not fun as I remember.

Looking forward to seeing who I send to. Margo

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

Jeanne, it is horrible not to have reliable internet, yet we all grew up without internet! Little did we know what we were missing. I had an issue with my internet going out a couple of years ago. They would "fix" it and then it went out again the next day. Finally, during one of my calls to the provider, I asked if I shouldn't get credit for the days I was without internet and I was told that I get $10 a day for every day I am without service and transferred me to the department that handled the credit. Apparently, if I didn't ask, they wouldn't have told me. After that, I didn't mind so much because I got a $50 credit. In fact, I thought I would be fine if I didn't have service 5 days each month if I got $50 back each month. Well, after that, my internet was fine because they finally sent a supervisor out to fix it since they had already sent someone out three times already and he finally fixed whatever the problem was. It was an outside issue because he didn't have to come inside my home.

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

The same thing keeps happening to me. My internet goes out, usually on the weekend. On Monday I call and they tell me it will be the next day before someone can come. I stay home that day and no one ever shows up, but the internet comes back on late in the afternoon. Magically. That frustrates me enormously and I burn through time off unnecessarily. Next time, I'm going to see about a refund, too.

It's been on and off for a week now, but I think the fires in the area may be preventing them from performing maintenance. The same group handles electricity for part of the area and that is probably a priority right now.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Happy Veteran's Day! Those special men and women certainly deserve a day to honor them.

I'll divide this up a bit today with all that there is to post. First of all PARTNERS:

Jeanne and Margo will swap with one another.

Emily and Amy will swap with one another.

Annie and Faye will swap with one another.

Alana and Mandy will swap with one another.

I think everyone has the address for those in the group, but if you don't check with your swap partner or with me.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

On I go - Bingo words

Today's words are Three Sisters and Thanksgiving.

Called so far are:

Three Sisters

Thanksgiving

Missions

Thunderbird

Baskets

Dance

Horses

Moccasin

I hope you are getting to check off words on your list.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Here's the new game that I mentioned. Look at the list and post which of the items I prefer. (My husband looked at it and got all but one right, so he does pay attention!) Take a guess by picking one under each number (#1-20). You can guess one time a day. At the end of the day, I will post that I am awarding points to the person who has the most answers right and who it is. If 2 or more people have the same number right, both will get the points. However, I will not say which answers are right or wrong. We'll do the same thing the next day - answer all 20 again. Now, the number of points to the top guesser drops. Again, the same on day 3 and the points will drop. Once someone has all the answers right, she will get another 5 points for having all the answers right. We'll stop the game after one week or when all the right answers have been guessed by someone. The person with the highest number of points will win.

Points awarded: Most right on Day 1 --- 5 points

Most right on Day 2 --- 4 points

Most right on Day 3 --- 3 points

Most right on Day 4 --- 2 points

Most right on Day 5 --- 1 point (If no one still had it right on Day 5, the points for the following days will continue to be 1 per day.)

Here's the list. I'll check the answers very late tonight or early tomorrow for the first awarding of points.

Would I prefer:
    1. Eating an orange or a grapefruit
    2. Watching a movie at home or going to a movie theater
    3. Eating turkey or roast beef
    4. Homemade soup or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    5. A cold rainy day or a hot humid day
    6. Chocolate cake or a hot fudge sundae
    7. Singing along in the car or just listening to the music
    8. Tanning on the beach or walking through the snow
    9. Wearing old comfortable clothes or dressing up in something fancy
    10. Getting a bag of potting soil or a bottle of perfume as a gift
    11. Bleu cheese or mild cheddar
    12. Cilantro or celery
    13. The fragrance of vanilla or gardenia
    14. Merlot Wine or Champagne
    15. Wearing makeup or not wearing makeup
    16. Strawberries or Cantaloupe
    17. Reading from a book or from an electronic device (Kindle,etc.)
    18. Deviled eggs or scrambled eggs
    19. The magazine National Geographic or Consumer Reports
    20. Hearing election coverage or celebrity gossip

Good luck!

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

A bit more about our Bingo words:

I've been trying to add some information about the words on the list. I won't get to all of them, but here's one for today.

The Three Sisters are the three main agricultural crops of various Native American groups in North America: winter squash, maize (corn), and climbing beans.The three crops benefit from each other. The maize provides a
    structure for the beans to climb, eliminating the need for poles. The
    beans provide the nitrogen to the soil that the other plants use, and the squash spreads along the ground, blocking the sunlight, helping prevent the establishment of weeds. The squash leaves also act as a "living mulch", creating a microclimate to retain moisture in the soil and the prickly hairs of the vine deter pests.
    Corn, beans, and squash contain complex carbohydrates, essential fatty
    acids and all eight essential amino acids, allowing most Native American
    tribes to thrive on a plant-based diet.

Native Americans throughout North America are known for growing variations of Three Sisters gardens. The milpas of Mesoamerica are farms or gardens that employ companion planting on a larger scale. The Annasazi are known for adopting this garden design in a drier environment. The Tewa and other Southwestern United States tribes often included a "fourth sister" known as "Rocky Mountain bee plant" (Cleome surrulata), which attracts bees to help pollinate the beans and squash.

The Three Sisters planting method is featured on the reverse of the 2009 US Sacagawea Narive American dollar coin.

By United States Mint - United States Mint Historical Image Library, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=6237721

Have a great day! I'm all "typed out".

Jeanne

• amybabyboy3
    7 years ago

Would I prefer:
    1. Eating an grapefruit
    2. Watching a movie at home
    3. Eating turkey
    4. a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
    5. a hot humid day
    6 hot fudge sundae
    7. Singing along in the car
    8. Tanning on the beach
    9. Wearing old comfortable clothes
    10. Getting a bag of potting soil
    11. mild cheddar
    12. celery
    13. gardenia
    14. Merlot Wine
    15. Wearing makeup
    16. Strawberries
    17. Reading from a book
    18. Deviled eggs
    19. The magazine National Geographic
    20. celebrity gossip

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

To all of our veterans, thank you. You are our hero's..........

Jeanne love this....

Would I prefer:
    1. Eating a grapefruit
    3. Eating roast beef
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. hot fudge sundae
    7. just listening to the music
    8. walking through the snow
    11. mild cheddar
    12. Cilantro
    13. The fragrance gardenia
    14. Champagne
    15. not wearing makeup
    16. Strawberries
    17. Reading from a book
    18. scrambled eggs
    20. Hearing election coverage

Happy Friday!

Annie

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

1. Eating an orange.

2. Watching a movie at home.

3. Eating roast beef.

4. Homemade soup.

5. Cold rainy day.

6. Chocolate cake.

7. Just listening to the music.

8. Walking through the snow.

9. Wearing old comfortable clothes.

10. Getting a bag of potting soil.

11. Blue cheese.

12. Cilantro.

13. The fragrance of gardenia.

14. Merlot wine.

15. Not wearing makeup.

16. Strawberries.

17. Reading from a book.

18. Deviled eggs.

19. Consumer Reports.

20. Hearing election coverage.

• l1oness
    7 years ago

Here are my guesses! This is a fun list. :)

1. Eating an orange
    3. Eating turkey
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. Chocolate cake
    11. Bleu cheese
    12. Cilantro
    13. The fragrance of gardenia
    14. Merlot Wine
    15. not wearing makeup
    16. Strawberries
    17. Reading from a book
    18. Deviled eggs

Mandy

• smitties
    7 years ago

My guesses are

1. grapefruit

2. movie theater

3. roast beef

4. pb and j

5. hot humid day

6. chocolate cake

9. dressing up

10. potting soil

11. mild cheddar

12. celery

13. gardenia

14. Merlot

15. wearing make up

16. Strawberries

17. Book

18. Deviled eggs

19. Consumers report

20. Celebrity gossip

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Everyone is doing great with their guesses. I'll let you know the one with the most right answers tomorrow. I realized with west coast time I will be doing this the next day for announcing the best guesser of the day. So that ... and Bingo words tomorrow.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Good morning, everyone!

The Bingo words for today are: DEER and CODE TALKER.

I'll update the full list for us again tomorrow.

I found out there is a book about the Code Talkers. Many of you may already know this interesting part of history. I think I will look for the book because it sounds so interesting.

"Throughout World War II,
    in the conflict fought against Japan, Navajo code talkers were a crucial
    part of the U.S. effort, sending messages back and forth in an
    unbreakable code that used their native language. They braved some of
    the heaviest fighting of the war, and with their code, they saved
    countless American lives."

The book is: Code Talker: A Novel About the Navajo Marines of World War Two by Jospeh Bruchac (Perhaps there are other books as well. This is the one I found listed. Windtalkers is a movie based on this same theme. Has anyone read the book or seen the movie?)

I want to recheck the guesses and will post the winner and then people can guess for today if they like. One time a day for as many members as want to try it. No one has them all right yet.

Jeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I've rechecked the guesses and we have a tie for today. Annie and Emily each had 14 answers right! So Annie and Emily each get 5 points. I will say everyone got at least 50% of them right.

I don't know what the strategy might be here, but you can post again each day until the game is won and each day I will pick a winner and that person will get points. Obviously that means you can change your answers and hope to have the most right or you can just post the same thing again and hope some people don't get more right or change some from right to wrong.If you didn't play on Day 1, you are still welcome to join in.

Speaking of games, the Gamecocks play football this afternoon so I'll be heading to the TV soon. Have a great day ... and congratulations, Annie and Emily!

Jeanne

• smitties
    7 years ago

Here is my second attempt.

1. grapefruit

2. movie at home

3. roast beef

4. soup

5. cold rainy day

6. chocolate cake

7. Listening to music

9. wearing comfy clothes

10. potting soil

11. mild cheddar

12. cilantro

13. gardenia

14. Merlot

15. not wearing makeup

16. Strawberries

17. Book

18. Deviled eggs

19. Consumers report

20. election results

And I got another Bingo word today. Hope everyone is off to a great start this weekend. A bit cold here but if it gets a little warmer, I will get some gardens put to bed for the winter. Margo

• canyonwind
    7 years ago

Ok, Jeanne, I made some changes...........

1. Eating a orange...
    3. Eating turkey...
    4. Homemade soup
    5. A cold rainy day
    6. hot fudge sundae
    7. just listening to the music
    9. dressed up...
    11. blue cheese....
    12. celery...
    13. The fragrance gardenia
    14. Champagne
    15. not wearing makeup
    16. Strawberries
    17. Reading from a book
    18. deviled eggs....

Annie

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

Mandy, could you email me your address, please? I've accidentally deleted my FOTESS list.

I'm ready to mail once I have that.

Your game looks fun Jeanne.

• gardengirl37232
    7 years ago

1. Eating an orange.

2. Watching a movie at home.

3. Eating roast beef.

4. Homemade soup.

5. Cold rainy day.

6. Hot fudge sundae.

7. Singing along in the car.

8. Tanning on the beach.

9. Wearing old comfortable clothes.

10. Getting a bag of potting soil.

11. Blue cheese.

12. Cilantro.

13. The fragrance of gardenia.

14. Merlot wine.

15. Not wearing makeup.

16. Cantaloupe.

17. Reading from a book.

18. Deviled eggs.

19. National Geographic.

20. Celebrity gossip.

• l1oness
    7 years ago

Alana - I've emailed you my address. I am working on your envelope - it will probably be out late this week. :)

• poisondartfrog
    7 years ago

Thanks Mandy. Emily hooked me up with the link.

Thank you Emily.