SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

Boot excitement!

Alisande
7 years ago

A latecomer to most things trending, especially involving fashion (to which I usually don't arrive at all), I didn't discover the pleasure of boots until after Christmas last year, when I bought myself a pair of tall black riding-type boots on sale. It didn't take me long to realize I love the look.

So this year, having sold some things on eBay and feeling semi-flush, I went looking for a pair of tall boots in brown. I saw these on Amazon and other sites:

LifeStride Marvelous

They were darker than what I wanted, but I kept coming back to them.

Then I saw these:

XOXO Martin

Very nice, and the right color, but too expensive for me. I decided to go look for the boots locally because last year's experience told me they can be tricky when it comes to fit.

Off I went, stopping first at Burlington. This used to be called the Burlington Coat Factory, and they have some good bargains. The first pair I saw was the LifeStride boots in dark brown! They looked awesome, and were so comfortable. They lacked a price tag, but wore one of those security tags you find on higher-priced items, so I wasn't encouraged by that.

I went back to the rack . . . and discovered the XOXO boots! Perfect color, and they looked and felt great too. Plus Burlington's price was way more affordable: $27.99! I put them in my cart. But I was still drawn to the dark brown LifeStrides. Very sleek. So I put them in my cart too, and asked about the price.

The department manager couldn't locate a price for me, so she said, "Let's say $19.99 on sale." "Okay, I'll take them," I said, trying not to sound ecstatic.

So that's my boot excitement. Have you bought anything for yourself that you're excited about this fall?

Now back to thinking about Christmas gifts . . .

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!