SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Excited/Embarassed/Surprised....I returned to Miele

larsi_gw
13 years ago

First off..Roseark, your new Electrolux Wave Touch units are going to be awesome, and they will be totally trouble free. I'm sending all my positive laundry energy to you!

So, I was SO excited to get my new Electrolux Wave Touch washer and dryer about 3 weeks ago...I was obsessed and telling everyone I knew why they needed them as well). I loved/love the sheer size, the awesome blue LED lighting, cool graphics, excellent and extensive options and the near non-exsistence of any vibration during even a 1350rpm spin.

After having Miele Laundry units for about 15 years, and then having 2 bad back to back W4842 washers...I was burnt out (and maybe a little tired of my "boring" white, conservative German units).

I returned the Electrolux units, and went back to Miele. My new W4842 and T9802 units with pedestals were delivered this afternoon.

The Electrolux washer was actually pretty great, but the dryer began to irk me from week one! Clothes almost always came out fluffy, wrinkle free and super soft. Amazing actually! Towels, sheets, blankets and thick clothing kept coming out moist and rolled in a ball. The perfect tumble (reverse tumble) only activates the last 9 minutes of the cycle, and by that time sheets and blankets were wound in a tight ball. The Miele reverse tumble dryers go back and forth during the entire cycle!

The dryer door (push to open and close) was starting to not work perfectly and a piece of VERY plastic "chrome" on the washer was beginning to loosen. Also, the felt that surrounds the inside of the dyrer drum to allow quiet turning, began to tear and unravel a little!

While I still marvel at the sheer size of the Electrolux...I missed the tank like build of my Miele units (missed the real glass on the outside of the doors). I will miss the cool graphics and great lighting, but the Miele is no nonsense.

The W4842 spin is SO much louder than the Electrolux, but the T9802 dryer is quieter than the Electrolux.

So, my entire house is now 100% Miele again. I know that no appliance, car or electronic is perfect...but the Miele in the end, proved to be best suited to my demands and expectations. It's kind of like my BMW...it's not perfect (close though:) and maybe not as flawlessly reliable as a Honda Accord...but I'll take my Miele and BMW!!

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH