SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamadadapaige

Miele for less $$ than Electrolux or Samsung?

mamadadapaige
12 years ago

I will be in the market for a new washer and dryer since we are moving into a new house and the current owners are taking their machines with them.

I work in the kitchen and bath design industry and thus am able to get Miele for a discounted price (still a lot of $$). Comparing the price for the W4842 washer and T9822G dryer from Miele would be a couple of hundred dollars less than the Electrolux Wave Touch Series (got a price from AJ Madison - priced in white and included $200 off each, free deliver and no sales tax).

For years, I thought that when I got a new set I would opt for the Samsung with VRT technology... I guess I got sucked in by all the commercials I have seen on TV with the wine glass on top of the washer and not moving an inch.

I care about how clean things get but even more so about no vibration and quietness and MOST important is that the drum doesn't hold on to water thereby causing a musty smell (as is the case with the Maytag Neptune washer I currently have which had a class action law suit against it for this water issue - I unfortunately didn't find out about the lawsuit until it was too late and have been a slave to this machine for ten years - having to get the stuff out of the washer within minutes of the cycle finishing or having clothing end up with PERMANENT musty smell). Cost plays in a little but overall reliability would be more important along with the above mentioned factors.

Any advice? THANK YOU!

Comments (13)