SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedwoman

Do they make stand alone word processors anymore?

weedwoman
7 years ago

My father is fussing at me to get him a laptop. He had a desktrop in the apartment in independent living and used it quite a bit, for word processing and playing games and email, mostly. He and my stepmother recently moved into the nursing home wing where there isn't really room for a computer, and he's gone downhill mentally enough that he can't really deal with it anymore anyway (he hits the wrong key in the word processor, the thing stops and waits for him to tell it what to do, he doesn't realize it and everything stops...) Anyway, what he really wants if for is to write for the memoir class he and my stepmother are taking and it occurred to me that what he really needs is a typewriter that can save a document and print it out. A stand-alone word processor, in other words. I know they used to make such things, does anybody know if they still do?

People say just make a bare bones setup on a cheap laptop but there's still too much that can go wrong, I tried that with his last computer, and I live to far away to run over and help whenever he runs into a problem. I did a quick google search and didn't see what I was looking for; does anybody know if there is such a product available?

Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor