SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suburbanmd

Little Giant Kitchen Linens program

suburbanmd
7 years ago

Can't find the thread, but a while back Alex Chicago, I think it was, asked whether I or anyone was using other than Cottons programs on the Little Giant. Well, I just ran through part of the Kitchen Linens program. With Prewash selected it does two heated prewashes, which felt like maybe 45degC at the drain hose...should've put a thermometer in the stream. So this program is unusual in having three separate wash fills. Prewash detergent was dispensed in the second prewash. One could add detergent to the drum for the first prewash if desired.

I might use this program next time I wash the white cloth table napkins we recently started using. First time I washed them on Minimum Iron since they're 65% cotton 35% polyester. But the Minimum Iron prewash felt cold, and didn't remove turkey grease from the napkins. So they ended up white and almost stain-free (at Minimum Iron max temp of 60degC), but smelling like turkey when I stuck my nose into them. Cleaned that up with another wash, but I obviously want to streamline the process. I could make the Cottons prewash longer and hotter via supervisor mode, but it's less than ideal to have to make those changes for a napkins wash, and then reverse the changes later. Kitchens Linens eliminates the need to fool with Cottons settings, and the extra change of water might help with grease smells, as long as the prewashes are hot enough to liquefy the grease (in comparison, Cottons prewash can be as hot as 55degC).

Also ran through part of Table Linens program. It does one heated prewash, followed by a "Soak", but it goes from soak to main wash without draining.

Comments (6)