SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mothernaturejen

Living on a giant fire ant mound!

jennijenjen
11 years ago

HELP! They're driving me nuts!

I've been dealing with their presence all around the garden since we've been here a year & a half.

It's been bad enough having to constantly watch my step out there & always worrying about the kids getting bitten, but since we had alot of rain a couple of weeks ago, they've been coming inside, trying to nest in my toddler's clothes drawers, and it's been a constant battle.

They also keep invading the dishwasher, even though we drown them everytime we see them.

Outside I've tried the boiling water treatment and it works but I don't want to pour it near my garden. I've also tried instant grits but that doesn't seem to work.

Inside I've sealed up any holes I could find and we've used a garlic soapy spray, a vinegar spray, and on orange oil spray. The garlic spray & vinegar spray kill them pretty quickly but it's just as easy to drown them with water.

I am all organic & will not poison my family or my yard so there MUST be a way to get rid of them. Also I'm VERY limited with transportation and money or else I might try the DE I've read about.

If anyone has a solution, I'd be SO grateful!

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?