SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
islandgarden

Food pantry cabinet to fit into corner: design help needed!

islandgarden
7 years ago

There are such wonderful food pantries on this site and great ideas for storage so I hope someone can help me figure out how to design a pantry that maximizes the useful space and accessibility.

The pantry will be slotted into an alcove--nothing is moveable as there is a chimney stack on one side and a wall at 90' on the other. Ceiling height is 9'2" and the space for the pantry is 37" wide and 20" deep (we can make it a few inches deeper if need be):

How would you design this pantry? is there a system that is narrow enough to fit this space? how much clearance (or narrow pull out pantry) do I need on the right hand side to be able to open the door? I looked on the Rev-a-Shelf site and did not see a system that would be narrow enough but may have missed it.

Or use all pull out/rollout shelves? if so, do you have a recommendation on the best quality/value? How much clearance do I need for the doors?

I was planning on having this custom made but since the sides are not visible, wondering if there is a more cost effective solution: for example just getting custom doors made?

All advice from food pantry cabinet owners who have experience with this challenge or pros most appreciated. I cannot wait to have a useful food pantry!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living