SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designsaavy

Help Needed Reconfiguring Pantry/Office Space

designsaavy
8 years ago

I've seen many of your beautiful pantry spaces and I know if anyone can create extra space where there appears to be none, it's y'all.

I can't get an overall shot to actually show the entire size of the pantry. From the doorway straight in to back wall is 47" deep. From left to right it's 91".

I have storage in kitchen already for all breakfast foods, all snacks and breads, and oils, vinegars, flour, sugar, coffee and tea, as well as ziplocs, foil, etc.

The things I need stored in here are: Jars, canned and boxed food items, baking goods, onions and potatoes. A couple large appliances, vases, pet food storage.

For an office area I need just a countertop with space to sit. I can put storage on wall for pens, scissors, etc and I have an 18" wide x 24" deep HEAVY rolling file cabinet, but not sure if there are alternatives to using this with limited space.

Our thoughts at this time for this pantry are to utilize Ikea pantries. Just the frames with no doors. So far, I was thinking along the 91" wall from left to right the following 3 pantries that are 14-3/4" deep:

24" x 90" tall/ 18" x 90" tall/ 24" x 90" tall = 66" total.

With the remaining 25" to the right of those pantries, put a butcher block counter along that 47" right wall extending in corner into that 25" wide space creating a niche.

I have enough room to sit at counter with this plan, but the only place to put the filing cabinet is to wedge it under the counter back in that 25" space and dig it out every time I use it. I'm thinking this would be a major headache! Any help with this would be appreciated. I could put a 14-3/4" deep 24" wide x 40" tall open IKEA wall cabinet in that 25" space above the counter in that corner. Perhaps some kind of file system could go there?

On left wall inside door, I was thinking of a few hooks above for a stray coat or purse and lower hooks to hang wet shoes till they are dry and put away. Also need to hang step ladder and it will fit on the doorway wall to left of door inside.

It sure seems impossible with this space, but I'm hoping y'all can help me with your magic ;)

Comments (14)