SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesyeuxbleu

Help on size of pantry corner cabinet and a drawer

Lesyeuxbleu
12 years ago

My cabinet guy finally drew out my cabinet setup so I am trying to work my way through each wall.

My current dilemma is HOW WIDE SHOULD MY TALL CORNER PANTRY BE? The doors to the corner cabinet will be hinged (on the corner) and the main hinge will extend so that I can fully open up the corner door to have full access to the shelves. I recently decided that instead of storing my pots and pans in a *low* cabinet, that these big shelves at waist height would be so nice to put my most often used pots and pans (and cast Iron) The size of this pantry affect the size of an additional pantry that we will store food in, & my desk.

If you look at my corrections in RED you'll see that with 22.6 inches of total clearance in my corner pantry

My 2nd pantry has 18 3/4 inche clearance

My desk top is 47", knees pace is 23

I have a 2nd BASE corner cabinet set up the same way (just not tall) HOW BIG SHOULD THAT BE? If I make it smaller I can create a bigger drawer near my sink -probably used for dishtowels. The bigger the corner cabinet, the smaller the drawer.... HOW BIG SHOULD MY DRAWER be?WIth my corner cabinet @ 14" each side giving me 19.79 inch clearance, I can fit A 7inch drawer (inside dimensions) which will perfectly fit my current dishtowel...Is it risky to go that small on hte drawer. IF SO, would you choose smaller cabinet with bigger drawer?

Thank you for your help.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (2)