New website that I just discovered.....

eld6161

Anyone hear of 60 and Me? It's a site for women over 60 to share issues relevant to this age group.

It looks like fun, so I thought I would share it here.

SaveComment22Like3
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fun2BHere

Thanks!

Save     Thanked by eld6161
OklaMoni

I googled it, and got the following hit, and then the etsy one. :)

Moni

sixtyandme.com

and:

https://www.etsy.com/market/60_and_fabulous

eld6161

Thanks Moni!

Save    
wildchild2x2

Thanks Moni. Looks interesting.

happy2b…gw

At first glance the sixty website looks interesting. I bookmarked it to peruse it later.

eld6161

You can also sign up for a daily email. it looks like Margaret Manning talks about a few topics, one of which is what is happening in the world, current events wise.

1 Like Save    
dexx215

Thanks for that great site! I'm reading up on fashion for women over 60. I agree that there is a lack of nice clothing for older women. I'm a young 75 (can't believe I've lived this long), and have always found trouble buying nice clothes. I'm not good at putting things together, whereas my friend has quite a fashion sense. This site seems just what I need. Thanks again. Hi

2 Likes Save     Thanked by eld6161
eld6161

Bumping so more can get a chance to see the site.

Save    
anoriginal

Interesting site. Will definitely explore more. Anyone know of other sites similar to GardenWeb... with wide variety of sub-forums, if that's what you call them??

Save    
Rusty

Thank you for sharing, Eld6161 Does the Etsy link Moni posted work for y'all? I get a "page not found" message. I haven't tried going to Etsy first, though.

Rusty

Save    
eld6161

Rusty, then just go to the Sixty and me site directly. I had a question and Margaret Manning answered me directly very quickly.

Save    
gramarows

The Etsy link didn't work for me either, and when I tried typing in "60 and fabulous" I just got a lot of items for sale. Which unfortunately will likely be foisted upon me next time I ever visit Etsy again, as the dishes I looked at the last time I was on sirt, months ago, were popping up all over......I was very excited to look at 60 and Me as Eld6161 identified it as "...a site for women over 60 to share issues relevant to this age group." All I can find are a bunch of articles - I must have misunderstood and thought it was a forum for people my age to share their experiences and opinions, etc. Or is it there and I missed that part? I'm sure the articles will be interesting to look at, but I so want to connect with woman in my age range.

Save    
eld6161

Grama, yes it is a site to share ideas and have conversations. There is a part that says, join the conversation!

Try the first link that Moni posted and it will get you directly to the site. Don't go through Esty

Here is Maragret's email. Margaret Manning <margaret@sixtyandme.com>

Save    
gramarows

Thanks eld6161; I looked again and saw the part that says conversations, clicked on it, and momentarily saw a few posts before the screen went blank and just spun around saying 'loading' but never actually opened again. Tried it 3 times without luck - suspect it's my older Safari browser, which I'll be replacing in about a month - I'll try again then. : (

Also, still cannot access the Etsy link.

Edited to add: I thought the Etsy link was for a different place! DUH - I finally figured it out.

Save    
Suzieque

I love it. Thank you!

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

To the company that posted after Suzie.....spam isn't allowed here.

Save    
aok27502

I'm not quite there, but closing in fast. That looks like loads of interesting stuff. I'm especially interested in health, and what I can do now to make the best of my next 20-30 years.

Save    
blfenton

Oklamonis second link doesn't work but here it is

https://www.etsy.com/ca/market/60_and__fabulous

An older thread but still pertinent. Thanks for resurrecting it.

Save    
Lucille

It seems to me that there are quite a few older women here on KT, and that this would be the place to share some of the issues common to other older people. I know that I followed with interest some threads here detailing skin changes, and those products members here used to help.

Save    
Sisters in faith

I love community chat on qvc. There's an assortment of forums, with different subjects. QVC blogs and forums

Save    
joyfulguy

Just feeling a bit left out ... (maybe partly a generation thing as well).

o j

1 Like Save    
Lucille

OJ I think all of us look forward to your stories and posts here, I'm sure we would all appreciate your perspectives on the subject.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Discover the Joy of Welcoming New Neighbors
Don't worry about a perfect presentation — a heartfelt note and a simple treat create a wonderful welcome to the neighborhood
Full Story
Furniture On Trend: Discover International Furniture Gems in Jewel Tones
Show off a bright chair, sofa or cabinet — pieces like these mean a shot of color for your room and an uptick in energy for you
Full Story
Tile Designs Worth Discovering: Rookwood Pottery Tile
Get to know the company that put American ceramics on the map in the 1880s to see why its tiles are newly popular today
Full Story