SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
romando_gw

woo hoo! I just discovered this forum!

romando
18 years ago

I've been a gw junkie for years now-- most people know me from the seed exchange, though I occasionally hang out on the california forum, and my 2nd favorite forum is cottage gardening. ANYWAY, I remember there being talk of starting an amaryllis forum, but nothing ever came of it till now. I love it! And you know, I got my very first ever amaryllis just 2 years ago, and now I wonder how I ever survived before! How 'bout everybody list what all amaryllis they have, sort of like a roll call? Here are mine:

**2 different noid reds (box stores)

**picotee (GORGEOUS!)

**black pearl (YUMMY!)

**e.xot.ica (I have a weird internet filter- just visually remove the . ) This one's my favorite! It's blooming now-- I have it as a centerpiece on the dining room table! I'll post a pic later...

**mrs. garfield (a baby bulb, from a trader in Malaysia. Nowhere near blooming size, but I can be patient! Well, with my plants, anyway; not the kids....lol)

**vera (bud's gonna bust open any day!)

**gold medal (ditto)

**and two different noid ones planted outside. They haven't bloomed since I put them out last year, and I never labeled them (bad plant mommy) and have now forgotten what they were... :(

And I also have a big ol' clump of sprekelia, from grandad's garden after he passed away, but before the new homeowners moved in ;)

Amanda 'romando'

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
More Discussions