SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print

Blomberg condensing dryer filter sponge--cleaning and replacing

7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

We have a Blomberg condensing dryer, and the manual is not a model of clarity, to say the least. There's the usual lint trap, and then a "filter drawer" with a sponge filter in it that also needs periodic cleaning. The manual says to clean stuff off the surface and wash the sponge filter in warm water, which is fine, but the machine came with three filters, so obviously they need to be replaced, but the manual doesn't say when.

I just washed the filter, but there's still gunk trapped inside that I can't get out with the kitchen faucet sprayer--I took a photo holding the filter up to the window and the dark spots are trapped lint. Any thoughts on how plugged up it can get before I should change it? I'm sure efficiency decreases with restricted airflow over the evaporator.

My second question is this: the manual says "There is a two-level filter in the filter drawer. Te [sic] first level is the filter drawer sponge and the second level is the filter cloth." But there's no mention after that of this mysterious 'filter cloth' item, which is quite aggravating. I don't see anything else in or behind the filter drawer. Do other condensing dryers have a filter cloth?

I've tried to email Blomberg via their website on a couple of other issues, but I've gotten no response whatsoever. Their unavailability to answer questions and the dismal and confusing quality of their manuals makes me question whether I should have gotten a different brand. At least the machines seem to work well!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022