SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
southofsa

Window treatment advice needed

southofsa
7 years ago

Hello! First time poster on the decorating forum. I usually hang out on the bathroom and gardening sites, but am stumped on this decorating problem and hope someone might have a creative solution.

We recently finished remodeling our front sitting room and am thrilled how it turned out. My boyfriend is a custom woodworker and did all the finish work in the room. When the painting was done everything he had done just looked awesome.

I would prefer to not have any window treatments to take full advantage of the view and just let the moldings and trim work be fully exposed. However, this room also has a pull out couch and occasionally (maybe once a year) might have guests. The window does face a road about 50 yards away though the traffic is light. I was surprised when my 87 year old mother came to visit- we were going to put up kraft paper on the lower half for privacy and she asked us to leave it off because she loved waking up to the sun rising in that window. But I can't assume everyone would feel the same way.

The window is 9 ft wide and 5 ft tall. Here are some pics to give you an idea of what I'm talking about. Is there anything I could use to temporarily screen the window? I'd prefer something very unobtrusive that I could take down between visits. Does anything like that even exist? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Lisa

window · More Info

Full view- sorry it's a little dark

window · More Info

Comments (19)