SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctreno_gw

Really need window treatment advice needed

ctreno
14 years ago

I really need help figuring out what to do with all these windows - photos below.

This will be our master bedroom which is round and faces southwest with lovely partial water views and an abundance of light.

In the round section, there are 10 windows 36" w x 48" high. There are also two windows of the same size in the hallway (photo 2) with a little separation, from the round main room. There are another two windows that face the street above tub in master bath. So a total of 14 windows in all.

Whatever we get, we will need to darken room for sleeping. We also have a privacy issue since we face the street on two sides. However, most of the time, when we are not dressing or sleeping I would like as full an unobstructed views as possible.

We would like something either contemporary looking or at least transitional - so no balloon shades, or any billowy things.

Here is what I am considering, but I am not good at windows.

1) Curved metal panel track with two fabrics - one sheer and one dark with the wands that meet in the middle - like in hotels. Pros - don't have to open/shut 10 shades or blinds each day, when they are open, nothing obstructing main windows. Cons - since the span is so large, there will be a huge amount of fabric bunched, I suspect, on each end when they are open - but I think that's a small con since it will probably only block one window on each end of round run. Then - what to do with the two hall windows that are not part of round run? Will it look strange to have a different treatment on those, or would you duplicate, just on a smaller scale?

2) Honeycomb or similar top down/bottom up that you you can push down or lift up because I hate dangling cords. Pros - you can do the bottom up in the morning while dressing and still see outside, we could do all 14 windows with same treatment. Cons - will it be a pain in the butt dealing with 10-12 windows shades each day and you have something on each window. I suppose we could just leave the ones on the side a half mast most or all of the time.

I am guessing based on a cursory visit to Smith & Noble, just to get ballpark numbers, that the relative cost will be similar??? The only thing is with that huge, round span, I am thinking that we may have to have the track and panels custom vs. a Smith & Noble.

Any ideas on options and sources (is online good for this?) would be greatly appreciated!

">

Comments (11)