Would you buy a house if it didn't have a dishwasher?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (59)
Related Discussions
Did you ever enjoy a book you didn't think you would like?
Comments (27)Larry, I have to agree with you about The Far Pavillions. My sister in law kept telling me how wonderful it was and how much I would like it. I'd take it out of the library, look at it and end up taking it back, unread, a few weeks later. She even gave me a paperback copy for my birthday (she was persistant) that sat on my bookshelf for months. Finally, one day I picked it up and started reading it. I couldn't put it down. I read all but the last 3 or 4 chapters in one sitting. I'd have finished it that night except I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer....See MoreAnyone have a house that didn't sell quickly?
Comments (24)"xI price all my homes, but then I buy/sell/renovate. Even if I didn't, I would check the value in several different ways and know every comp in the area before accepting anyone's listing price. Overpricing is just a really huge mistake to make that costs a lot of time and money. There is one "team" of Realtors here who get a lot of higher end listings because they overprice every single one, and Sellers who are inexperienced bite. When the houses don't sell (predictably), they then lower the price to the price it should have been at originally. " This is so true. Correct pricing is the most important thing next to staging. (Here's hoping I priced my condo correctly. We think we did as we've been watching the comps in our building for the past two years.)...See MoreWould you have second thoughts about buying this house?
Comments (59)Yes. It was legal. Once the initial title search was done, which would reveal easements and clouds on the title, it would be repeated a day or so before closing. The second search would cover only the time between the last search and closing. It would only take a few moments to perform a final search by a title researcher. I had something like this happen to me once. We were selling our home. We were going to the closing that morning when we got a phone call from the closing attorney. It seemed that the neighbor behind us, an attorney, filed a lawsuit against us over a fence the day before we were scheduled to close. The title researcher found it on their last minute title check. We hadn't even been served. It took six months to straighten it out. I got the call while the moving company was loading the truck. Luckily for us, the buyers were willing to rent the house until we could get it resolved....See MoreHave you ever redone a nice space because it just didn’t work for you?
Comments (18)Not a perfectly good room, but I tore off a perfectly good deck from the back of my row house and replaced it with an even better paver patio. When I bought the house, the deck was a big selling point, I figured I'd spend a lot of time there, have plants around, etc. But I soon found out that unless you have something to look out over, a deck is not a good idea. The raised deck put us all on view of our close, close neighbors, and it was hot and windy out there (southern exposure) and the view was the deck railing bars and the tops of my neighbor's heads and cars . . . people thought I was crazy but I put an ad in the local paper and sold the deck to a guy who came and disassembled it for me. He took it away to use at his house. Win win. The patio proved to be a joy for us, I planted small trees and shrubs around the perimeter for shade and privacy, it was cooler, less windy, and I designed a garden specifically for viewing while out in the yard. Different strokes for different folks, and unless you're ruining something forever, why not, no harm no foul. The only people who were upset about what I did were the PO's of the house, they were the ones who had originally put the deck in. My neighbor said they came by one day when I was gone and were dumbfounded. I get it, but they moved on to greener pastures and so did I, literally....See More- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years agoFlamingO in AR thanked raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

SMALL KITCHENS10 Things You Didn't Think Would Fit in a Small Kitchen
Don't assume you have to do without those windows, that island, a home office space, your prized collections or an eat-in nook
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Easy Fixes for That Nearly Perfect House You Want to Buy
Find out the common flaws that shouldn’t be deal-breakers — and a few that should give you pause
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGTackle Big Messes Better With a Sparkling-Clean Dishwasher
You might think it’s self-cleaning, but your dishwasher needs regular upkeep to keep it working hard for you
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDishwasher vs. Hand-Washing Debate Finally Solved — Sort Of
Readers in 8 countries weigh in on whether an appliance saves time, water and sanity or if washing by hand is the only saving grace
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNHow to Keep your Dishwasher in Tip-Top Shape
As your dishwasher goes into overdrive, here are a few tricks for getting your plates, glasses and silverware sparkling clean
Full Story
MOST POPULAR5 Remodels That Make Good Resale Value Sense — and 5 That Don’t
Find out which projects offer the best return on your investment dollars
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
MOVINGHome-Buying Checklist: 20 Things to Consider Beyond the Inspection
Quality of life is just as important as construction quality. Learn what to look for at open houses to ensure comfort in your new home
Full Story
MOVING5 Risks in Buying a Short-Sale Home — and How to Handle Them
Don’t let the lure of a great deal blind you to the hidden costs and issues in snagging a short-sale property
Full Story
ARTCollect With Confidence: An Art-Buying Guide for Beginners
Don't let a lack of knowledge or limited funds keep you from the joy of owning art. This guide will put you on the collector's path
Full Story
marilyn_c