SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Help me recreate a mistake with cookies

bbstx
7 years ago

While I was at DD's last week, I made oatmeal cookies using the Quaker Oats box recipe (see below). They came out very very thin and pliable. I was embarrassed at my mistake. I am back home now and was going to make another batch to take when I go back tomorrow. DSIL has requested that I make them like I did at their house - very very thin, pliable, and a tad sticky.

I'm not sure what my mistake was. The only variables that I can think of are (1) I had to use "light" butter because that is all DD had and (2) I may have mis-measured the flour.

How would you go about altering the recipe to yield cookies that are as thin as a lace cookie, pliable, and sticky?

Quaker Oats Cookie Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

• 1/2 Cup(s) (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3/4 Cup(s) firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 Cup(s) granulated sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
  • 1-1/2 Cup(s) all-purpose flour
  • 1 Teaspoon(s) Baking Soda
  • 1 Teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 Teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
  • 3 Cup(s) Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked

1 Cup(s) raisins

• Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered

Comments (28)