SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juellie62

Spinal Stenosis Update

Julie
7 years ago

So, my sister with the spinal stenosis diagnosis....she had been to an acupuncturist a couple months ago. As a part of the history taken, drugs were discussed. When my sister told her the dosage of Lipitor she had been prescribed, the acupuncturist said "that is a pretty high dose, Lipitor is known to cause nerve, muscle and joint pain, you might want to check with your doctor about that".

My sister kind of forgot about it until she had blood work done last week for a pre op physical. Lo and behold, her doctor's office called and told her to start cutting her Lipitor in half, it was to high of a dose. After only 3 days, her pain is down at least 70%. She said if it keeps up this good, she will cancel the surgery cause she can live with this amount of pain.

I myself am on no prescription drugs. But if I ever have to be, I will take this as a lesson to know the side effects. If my sister suffered for 10 months in excruciating pain and had medical bills in the 10's of thousands of dollars all because of a medication, I will be upset. Then again, I'm glad she found out before a major surgery.

Comments (13)